new spark
1048 9 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I just purchased a spark today since my brand new inspire 1 is broken out of the box and now gone for a few weeks. I got the spark but have no idea how I am supposed to charge the controller. I plugged one of those really short OTG cables into the controller but the other end looks like a USB C cable. I have nothing in my home to plug into the little short cable.

How do I charge this thing? I am quickly running out of patience for DJI products. I know the world loves them but so far I am unimpressed by the products and the support is HORRIBLE on chat and phone.
I am hoping somebody could point me in the right direction on this thing. I appreciate your help in advance!

2019-4-16
Use props
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

maybe I am wrong but it seems like I just got dinged 5 credits for asking how to use a product? WOW. nice job DJI.
2019-4-16
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Hi Scott,

All you need is a phone charger with a USB port. Try to find one that's around 1000mA if possible. If all else fails plug the cable into your computer's USB port.

~Bill
2019-4-16
Use props
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

BMelody Posted at 4-16 16:56
Hi Scott,

All you need is a phone charger with a USB port. Try to find one that's around 1000mA if possible. If all else fails plug the cable into your computer's USB port.

thanks! I have been pulling my hair out for the last two hours! Less than one minute before I got your response, I figured out the plug is the standard micro usb plug and not some weird proprietary plug. Lights are flashing and everything will be ok soon.
Thanks again!
2019-4-16
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

ScottPlude Posted at 4-16 17:58
thanks! I have been pulling my hair out for the last two hours! Less than one minute before I got your response, I figured out the plug is the standard micro usb plug and not some weird proprietary plug. Lights are flashing and everything will be ok soon.
Thanks again!

Everyone has been in this situation. It is quite surprising that DJI didn't keep the standard trapezoidal shape for the micro-USB female port on the controller. Whatever charging cable you use for it, make sure you have UP and DOWN marked on the male port so that you don't have to pull your hair out every time figuring out which way is correct.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day ScottPlude. It's great to know that you have already solved the problem by following the instruction on post number #3. If you have any other concerns with your new DJI Spark please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-17
Use props
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-17 08:43
Hi, good day ScottPlude. It's great to know that you have already solved the problem by following the instruction on post number #3. If you have any other concerns with your new DJI Spark please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Thanks, now that I have this worked out.... this thing is INSANELY useful!
I wish I could create a pinned post at the top of all topics that strongly urges a battery charging hub and extra batteries. I used it a lot last night and had to spend a lot of time swapping batteries to get them all charged. The charging hub will be delivered today and life will get even more exciting!
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ScottPlude Posted at 4-19 12:16
Thanks, now that I have this worked out.... this thing is INSANELY useful!
I wish I could create a pinned post at the top of all topics that strongly urges a battery charging hub and extra batteries. I used it a lot last night and had to spend a lot of time swapping batteries to get them all charged. The charging hub will be delivered today and life will get even more exciting!

You are very much welcome ScottPlude. This information will be a very big help to all our DJI co-pilots. In addition, thank you for purchasing the battery charging hub and extra batteries for your DJI Spark. If you have any inquiries or concern with the said accessories. Please feel free to post it here at Forum. We are all here to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-19
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I just use the same cable and charger supplied in the box to charge the battery in the Spark.
2019-4-19
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

(And you likely gained 5 points for posting a question. Points are good.)
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules