Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Requirement of Dongle in DRTK 2
820 5 4-16 22:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hardrone
lvl.4

India

Hello,

The Phantom RTK Drone Remote Control has a slot for inserting Dongle.  
The DRTK-2 Mobile Station has a slot for inserting Dongle.

May I know which one needs to be used and when to be used?
Am I supposed to purchase another (similar) Dongle for the device, in order to use both at a time for connection and communication?

Please share your idea about these queries.

Thanks in advance.
4-16 22:36
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You don't need a dongle to use the D-RTK 2 and P4PRTK. The dongles are to hold sim cards so you can connect to the internet via a wireless connection. But you can get the RC connected to the internet using a WiFi hotspot on a mobile device, so that you can use NTRIP for corrections or just to access the net for general use.
4-17 14:52
Use props
LYVFD8142
Second Officer

United States

I just installed a "ZTE MF833V USB Wireless Modem Mobile Broadband 4G LTE Stick Dongle" into the RTK unit, now I'm waiting to get my login information to the NTRIP server. I connect the RC Controller to my tablet HotSpot as well. I'm hoping with the RTK dongle I will be able to use the RTK unit in Mode 3 with a cellphone/tablet to collect GCPs locations. I carry 10 GCPs in my truck, maybe I can talk them into geting me the AeroPoints setup as well. My goal is to not need a survey on-site for drone operations.
4-17 16:15
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@LYVFD8142- where in the GS RTK interface or elsewhere do you connect the D-RTK 2 directly to an NTRIP server or anywhere else? I'm familiar with using the RC to get NTRIP for the AC, but am unclear on how to do so for the D-RTK 2 for so called "Mode 3" use.

Thanks in advance for sharing.
4-17 21:19
Use props
djiuser_VkAkwUHxsfL0
lvl.2

United States

After doing a little bit of research, i believe that the dongle location in the DRTK-2 base station is not implimented yet. If you look in the manual you'll see 3 modes available. Mode 2 (stationary base station) is "Supported Later". I believe this is if you wanted to create a CORS and not need line of sight between base and drone.
8-1 06:06
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

9+ months after release. "Later" is turning out to be about as long as some P4 variants'  production run...
8-1 07:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules