Requirement of Dongle in DRTK 2
11138 18 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hardrone
lvl.4

India

Hello,

The Phantom RTK Drone Remote Control has a slot for inserting Dongle.  
The DRTK-2 Mobile Station has a slot for inserting Dongle.

May I know which one needs to be used and when to be used?
Am I supposed to purchase another (similar) Dongle for the device, in order to use both at a time for connection and communication?

Please share your idea about these queries.

Thanks in advance.
2019-4-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't need a dongle to use the D-RTK 2 and P4PRTK. The dongles are to hold sim cards so you can connect to the internet via a wireless connection. But you can get the RC connected to the internet using a WiFi hotspot on a mobile device, so that you can use NTRIP for corrections or just to access the net for general use.
2019-4-17
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I just installed a "ZTE MF833V USB Wireless Modem Mobile Broadband 4G LTE Stick Dongle" into the RTK unit, now I'm waiting to get my login information to the NTRIP server. I connect the RC Controller to my tablet HotSpot as well. I'm hoping with the RTK dongle I will be able to use the RTK unit in Mode 3 with a cellphone/tablet to collect GCPs locations. I carry 10 GCPs in my truck, maybe I can talk them into geting me the AeroPoints setup as well. My goal is to not need a survey on-site for drone operations.
2019-4-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@LYVFD8142- where in the GS RTK interface or elsewhere do you connect the D-RTK 2 directly to an NTRIP server or anywhere else? I'm familiar with using the RC to get NTRIP for the AC, but am unclear on how to do so for the D-RTK 2 for so called "Mode 3" use.

Thanks in advance for sharing.
2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_VkAkwUHxsfL0
lvl.1

United States

After doing a little bit of research, i believe that the dongle location in the DRTK-2 base station is not implimented yet. If you look in the manual you'll see 3 modes available. Mode 2 (stationary base station) is "Supported Later". I believe this is if you wanted to create a CORS and not need line of sight between base and drone.
2019-8-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

9+ months after release. "Later" is turning out to be about as long as some P4 variants'  production run...
2019-8-1
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

djiuser_VkAkwUHxsfL0 Posted at 8-1 06:06
After doing a little bit of research, i believe that the dongle location in the DRTK-2 base station is not implimented yet. If you look in the manual you'll see 3 modes available. Mode 2 (stationary base station) is "Supported Later". I believe this is if you wanted to create a CORS and not need line of sight between base and drone.

Hi,

I hope it can be useful to know that few days ago DJI Support wrote me that the 4G dongle for NTRIP correction provided inside european P4RTK radio controls is compatible with the D-RTK2 also, but its use is NOT implemented yet.

The above 4G dongle should be a ZTE MF833V USB modem.

Maurizio
2019-12-18
Use props
Instadrone66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 675249 ft
France

The ZTE MF833V dongle is not available in France, can we use another dongle ?

Thank you,
Bastien
2020-1-16
Use props
TxRPLS
lvl.2

United States

Instadrone66 Posted at 1-16 05:59
The ZTE MF833V dongle is not available in France, can we use another dongle ?

Thank you,

I purchase this dongle over a year ago when I first got my unit. The dongle works with my laptop so I know it is not a hardware issue.  The dongle will turn green in both the controller and the base station. DJI has not provided the drivers to allow it to connect at least in North America.  I had numerous emails back and forth with support. A total waste of time

Thanks for contacting DJI.

We apologize for the hassle this has caused.

May I confirm that if you purchase the modem from DJI dealer or sales?

I personally contacted our engineer to check all the information on your case again.

You need to use a customized Modem with DJI driver in Phantom 4 RTK, not an ordinary ZTE MF833V USB modem.
And we couldn't upgrade a driver for an ordinary Modem.
So, we suggest you buy it from the local dealers or sales.

For your local dealer, you can check it here: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/enterprise-dealers

For NA, AU or AFUS versions, using a 4G dongle with SIM card is recommended, but a Wi-Fi signal can also be used.

Any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

There is not a dealer in the US that can get the dongle or knows anything about them.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.
2020-1-25
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434852 ft

France

patiam Posted at 2019-4-17 14:52
You don't need a dongle to use the D-RTK 2 and P4PRTK. The dongles are to hold sim cards so you can connect to the internet via a wireless connection. But you can get the RC connected to the internet using a WiFi hotspot on a mobile device, so that you can use NTRIP for corrections or just to access the net for general use.

@patiam Do you mean that if the RC is connected with wifi to a 4G phone, then the D-RTK 2 can connect online to NTRIP server ?
2020-3-4
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

IPGP Posted at 3-4 08:14
@patiam Do you mean that if the RC is connected with wifi to a 4G phone, then the D-RTK 2 can connect online to NTRIP server ?

@IPGP- Yes, we do that routinely.
2020-3-4
Use props
rbijl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 695184 ft
Netherlands

patiam Posted at 3-4 10:04
@IPGP- Yes, we do that routinely.

@patium :

patium, hi how do you enter the ntrip credentials / login , if the LTE modem MF833V is in the D-RTK2 base station?
2020-9-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

rbijl Posted at 9-19 01:15
@patium :

patium, hi how do you enter the ntrip credentials / login , if the LTE modem MF833V is in the D-RTK2 base station?

@bijl- you enter the NTRIP server address & login credentials in GS RTK on the remote controller. As long as you have am internet connection, whether via modem or a hotspot, you will be able to connect to the NTRIP server.
2020-9-21
Use props
rbijl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 695184 ft
Netherlands

patiam Posted at 9-21 10:42
@bijl- you enter the NTRIP server address & login credentials in GS RTK on the remote controller. As long as you have am internet connection, whether via modem or a hotspot, you will be able to connect to the NTRIP server.

NTRIP card works but in the app the custom network rtk works for a few seconds and than drops out and a few seconds later working again ?
what can this be /
2020-10-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

rbijl Posted at 10-11 03:21
NTRIP card works but in the app the custom network rtk works for a few seconds and than drops out and a few seconds later working again ?
what can this be /

@rbijl- is the problem with a single NTRIP caster or all? is your network connection stable? folks were having issues using iOS devices as a hotspot I recall.
2020-10-23
Use props
fans11ba5660
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89413 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I’m trying to get a dongle to fit the m300 smart controller but no where seems to stock DJI ones, is the Zte one a good fit & can still get the cover on with it in.?
2021-1-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Might be good to post in the Pro forum as well if you haven't already...
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_VyattHz2NYgO
lvl.1
Bangladesh

patiam Posted at 2019-4-17 14:52
You don't need a dongle to use the D-RTK 2 and P4PRTK. The dongles are to hold sim cards so you can connect to the internet via a wireless connection. But you can get the RC connected to the internet using a WiFi hotspot on a mobile device, so that you can use NTRIP for corrections or just to access the net for general use.

What's the way of connecting DRTK 2 through WIFI?
Can u plz explain?
2021-1-27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_VyattHz2NYgO Posted at 1-27 07:24
What's the way of connecting DRTK 2 through WIFI?
Can u plz explain?

Sorry, I may have muddied the waters with my explanation- I was describing the way one can use a hotspot to connect the RC to an NTRIP source for RTK corrections to the aircraft without using the D-RTK 2 at all, not a way to connect to the D-RTK 2 via WiFi.
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules