Dead battery
3607 24 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762510 ft
United States

So I bought my MP used. One battery is completely dead, I’ve tried to charge it and not even one light came on. I’ve put it in the drone and the hooked it up to dji assistant on my pc and the pc did not even recognize the drone and not one single light on the battery came on. I don’t know how old it is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have 2 workings batteries.  Thanks
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone needs to be turned on to connect to Assistant 2 so if it's dead you won't be able to turn on the drone to connect it. Mavic batteries have a six month warranty or 200 recharge cycles - so if the battery/drone was bought more than 6 months ago by the previous owner you can not return it for replacement and will need to arrange for it to be professionally disposed of. Do not throw it out like rubbish as it could cause serious damage if it is crushed etc. Alternatively, I'd contact the previous owner and arrange for him/her to compensate you if recently purchased from them. Others may suggest opening the battery but I wouldn't even attempt it.
2019-4-17
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 4-17 04:31
The drone needs to be turned on to connect to Assistant 2 so if it's dead you won't be able to turn on the drone to connect it. Mavic batteries have a six month warranty or 200 recharge cycles - so if the battery/drone was bought more than 6 months ago by the previous owner you can not return it for replacement and will need to arrange for it to be professionally disposed of. Do not throw it out like rubbish as it could cause serious damage if it is crushed etc. Alternatively, I'd contact the previous owner and arrange for him/her to compensate you if recently purchased from them. Others may suggest opening the battery but I wouldn't even attempt it.

Thanks. He won’t respond to my calls or emails or texts. And that’s ok. I saved enough on buying it used to get a new battery. But he knows that I know.
2019-4-17
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone just effed you and you just accepting this? At least post his info so we all send him a Thank you message
2019-4-17
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Are you sure that the battery is not in hibernation mode? If a battery is depleted and stored for a long time, it goes into hibernation mode to protect itself. If that happens, you have to plug it in and just let it sit for awhile. There is a DJI manual for the batteries HERE (look under the "Battery Storage" section) that might be helpful. I have read some posts that say that you have to leave the battery in the charger for up to an hour before it comes out of hibernation mode.
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-17 07:21
Are you sure that the battery is not in hibernation mode? If a battery is depleted and stored for a long time, it goes into hibernation mode to protect itself. If that happens, you have to plug it in and just let it sit for awhile. There is a DJI manual for the batteries HERE (look under the "Battery Storage" section) that might be helpful. I have read some posts that say that you have to leave the battery in the charger for up to an hour before it comes out of hibernation mode.

Batteries are shipped in hibernation mode which is why they are dead when you press the power button out of the box and have to be recharged to get them out of hibernation mode. That said, the lights should turn on to indicate the battery is charging within seconds of tuning on the switch. I would never leave a potentially faulty battery connected to a charger and mains socket for an hour.
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brian Sigler Posted at 4-17 07:08
Thanks. He won’t respond to my calls or emails or texts. And that’s ok. I saved enough on buying it used to get a new battery. But he knows that I know.

The MP batteries are £85 each mate - I wouldn't just walk away if you know where he lives...
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Brian Sigler. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask you if how long did you try to charge that battery? we highly recommend you to try to charge it overnight and see if there would be some changes. If not, I will highly recommend you to contact our support to open a ticket https://www.dji.com/support and you need to send the battery to us for further diagnostics. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Other options, you may try to contact the reseller who sold you the package for you to process some refund or replacement since they have their own policy for this one. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-17
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 4-17 07:44
The MP batteries are £85 each mate - I wouldn't just walk away if you know where he lives...

I only paid $200.
2019-4-17
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-17 07:13
Someone just effed you and you just accepting this? At least post his info so we all send him a Thank you message

I only paid $200 for it. He said it had one battery but when I opened the case there were 2. He did really F me I don’t feel like.
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the whole lot? Well you can't complain too much then mate - that's a good price if the drone is air worthy - even if you have one dud battery.  
2019-4-17
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

He sure gave you a present. I wonder what else might be bad in there.
2019-4-17
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 4-17 12:14
For the whole lot? Well you can't complain too much then mate - that's a good price if the drone is air worthy - even if you have one dud battery.

I’ve flown it several times and it works perfectly.
2019-4-17
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-17 12:20
He sure gave you a present. I wonder what else might be bad in there.

I’ve got it over 2 weeks ago and have have several perfect flights with the battery that works. I only paid $200
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brian Sigler Posted at 4-17 13:55
I’ve flown it several times and it works perfectly.

Sounds like a good deal then. Safe flying
2019-4-17
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

A J Posted at 4-17 07:42
Batteries are shipped in hibernation mode which is why they are dead when you press the power button out of the box and have to be recharged to get them out of hibernation mode. That said, the lights should turn on to indicate the battery is charging within seconds of tuning on the switch. I would never leave a potentially faulty battery connected to a charger and mains socket for an hour.

See DJI comment above. They suggested trying to charge it overnight.
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-17 18:41

I did see lol - I wouldn't leave any batteries on charge unsupervised while I and my family are asleep - especially a dud!
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-17 18:41

It also clearly states in point 2 of DJI's battery maintenance manual NEVER to leave a battery unattended during charging.
2019-4-17
Use props
fansbc5bae91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4236 ft

Australia

Battery led flashes six times then disappears for a bit then the same again but won’t charge.
The furthest away from the power button led is the one that flashes.
Battery is new
Any idea
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbc5bae91 Posted at 4-17 23:46
Battery led flashes six times then disappears for a bit then the same again but won’t charge.
The furthest away from the power button led is the one that flashes.
Battery is new

2019-4-18
Use props
fansbc5bae91
lvl.1

Australia

Only one light flashes though?
2019-4-18
Use props
fansbc5bae91
lvl.1

Australia

Ok , sorry, so it appears it can be either 3or 4 blinks per second.
Was hard to judge over the 17 blinks then rest
My question is is this repairable or do I need another?
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbc5bae91 Posted at 4-18 00:45
Ok , sorry, so it appears it can be either 3or 4 blinks per second.
Was hard to judge over the 17 blinks then rest
My question is is this repairable or do I need another?

If it's 4 blinks on the bottom light only that it appears to be caused by the temperature in your house where you are charing the battery being too hot or cold. The battery and charger need to be at a normal ambient room temperature of around 25c when charging.

2019-4-18
Use props
fansbc5bae91
lvl.1

Australia

I have no lights what so ever now.
2019-4-18
Use props
SH59
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

fansbc5bae91 Posted at 4-18 15:55
I have no lights what so ever now.

If its brand new like you said, then DJI should replace it for you.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules