Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird defect in video from Osmo Pocket
2038 6 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d8d3d89
Flight distance : 2943 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Yesterday I put my Osmo Pocket on my bike handle with a go-pro mount and special holder for the Osmo. Filmed in 4K. Never had any problems before with this Osmo but when I looked at the video it had a weird wobbly-effect - please see a short video clip below. I have no idea why this happened, except that it was fairly cold outside (a few degrees Celcius). The Osmo works as usual after this - i.e. I have filmed without this happening after so it seems related to the bike ride.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tvhdg8szlymzac/OsmoPocket-videodefect.mp4?dl=0

Anyone have any idea why this happened and how I could avoid it?

Many thanks in advance!

/Fredrik
2019-4-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

That's just the gimbal being shaken on the bike. You need a dampener to reduce vibration. Chest mounts for riding bikes seem to work better.
2019-4-17
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

you need something like this for rough surface or mountainroad since the OP does not have Z-axis compensation.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZQLHCF/?cv_ct_id=amzn1.idea.326K2T8XFFJYF&cv_ct_pg=storefront&cv_ct_wn=aip-storefront&ref=exp_cov_shawnidestudios_lv_dp_vv_d
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if this video would occur without mounting it on the bicycle? If this would not occur during the normal use then I'm afraid that this is due to the vibration while using it on the bike. For the additional information, the Osmo Pocket operating temperature is 0°-40° C (32°-104° F). Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-17
Use props
jordier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

It is the effect of the stabilization electronic correction due to the shaking of the cardan .. The Osmo Pocket can not be mounted on a bicycle without shock absorbers ... even if it is a road bike
2019-4-17
Use props
fans0d8d3d89
Flight distance : 2943 ft
Sweden

Aha - thank you all for your replies, it makes sense. Will have to get a shock-absorbing mount then :-)

/Fredrik
2019-4-23
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Agree on the "chesty" mount. I've also purchased from eBay.de the dumpener featured on the video below (12€) but I haven't tried it yet...

2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules