Is the Smart Controller supported by Flight Simulator?
5822 21 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Is the Smart Controller compatible with DJI Flight Simulator? I can't see it on the supported devices list, but sometimes DJI "forget" to update some features on the website.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ro_flyer. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI Smart Controller in not supported by Flight Simulator currently, but it will be supported in the near future. Thank you.
2019-4-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-17 12:00
Hello and good day ro_flyer. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI Smart Controller in not supported by Flight Simulator currently, but it will be supported in the near future. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen. looking forward to it since I bought the bundle with the SC and I don't have the standard controller...
2019-4-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

LOOKS LIKE THE NEAR FUTURE ARRIVED, STEPHEN!!!!
DJI Smart controller actually IS SUPPORTED AND WORKS with DJI Flight Simulator!
I was curiuos to see the DJI flight simulator interface and look what I discovered:

IMG_3427.JPG
2019-4-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

another pic
2019-4-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Like I said.... DJI sometimes forget to update some features on the website...
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ro_flyer Posted at 4-17 14:15
LOOKS LIKE THE NEAR FUTURE ARRIVED, STEPHEN!!!!
DJI Smart controller actually IS SUPPORTED AND WORKS with DJI Flight Simulator!
I was curiuos to see the DJI flight simulator interface and look what I discovered:

Hi, good day ro_flyer. Thanks for sharing this information to us. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RogerChan Posted at 4-17 15:28
Stephen- will smart controller have SDK and support Litchi?

Hi, good day RogerChan. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, there is no SDK available for the DJI Smart Controller. About your question with Litchi app, you can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. But DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from the use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-17 15:37
Hi, good day ro_flyer. Thanks for sharing this information to us. Have a safe and happy flying always!

You're very welcome!!
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ro_flyer Posted at 4-17 19:59
You're very welcome!!

Thank you.
2019-4-18
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info here guys thanks.

However we can’t get it to work on our pc with our smart controller.

We are using the usb c cable on the bottom of the controller to connec to the USB port on the pc.

It doesn’t seem to recognise the controller or give us a drop down too choose the type RC.

Any pointers please?

Thanks
2019-5-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 5-17 22:42
Great info here guys thanks.

However we can’t get it to work on our pc with our smart controller.

(I don't think that the Smart Controller works with the Simulator at this time.)

Seems it does work.

2019-5-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

ff22 Posted at 5-18 06:39
I don't think that the Smart Controller works with the Simulator at this time.

Yes it does,  I used it with no issues. Look at the pics above.
2019-5-18
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, yes we know it seems to work and is supported .

We just want to know how?

Usb in the Bottom usb 3.0 connector or the full size USB port on the top.

We have tied both but neither recognised the controller on  our PC?

Thanks in advance.
2019-5-20
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360069 ft
United Kingdom

I can confirm that the Smart Controller definitely works with the DJI Flight Simulator on Windows 10 using the USB-C connector at the bottom of the SC. Better to use the thicker cable which came with the SC.

I had exactly the same issue with the SC generating USB not recognised error on my Windows 10 desktop but I suspect this was a legacy registry problem which is not related to the SC, despite the fact that the Windows 10 machine throws this error when the SC is plugged in - and still does, even though it's now working. One to troubleshoot another day.

The only thing I did differently when plugging in my SC was to select the 'Transfer Photos' option from the 'Use USB to' menu option on the SC screen. Once I had done this, Windows 10 popped up to say it was setting up 'rm500' - the name of the SC controller under Windows 10.
2019-5-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 5-20 10:27
Thanks guys, yes we know it seems to work and is supported .

We just want to know how?

There is a file inside the install folder (not the app folder) which contains the drivers needed so the PC can recognize the SC. I can't  point exactly the folder address because I'm not next to my PC. But after installing the drivers, rebooting the PC, opening the simulator and pluging de SC with the DJI SM cable everything worked like a charm.

For some reason the forum moderators keep  saying that the SC is not supported by the Simulator, and giving standard and wrong answers....
2019-5-21
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 5-21 06:37
There is a file inside the app folder (not the install folder) which contains the drivers needed so the PC can recognize the SC. I can't  point exactly the folder address because I'm not next to my PC. But after installing the drivers, rebooting the PC, opening the simulator and pluging de SC with the DJI SM cable everything worked like a charm.

For some reason the forum moderators keep  saying that the SC is not supported by the Simulator, and giving standard and wrong answers....

The file is in the default DJI Flight Simulator installation folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator

and it is called: dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

I have to say that I still had issues even after I had installed the USB drivers successfully.
2019-5-21
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jay54 Posted at 5-21 07:18

Double-clicking on the file: dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

Please bear in mind I have a 64bit OS, so it might be different for others

2019-5-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Jay54 Posted at 5-21 07:18

Thanks for the info, I edited my post with the correct  file location.
2019-5-21
Use props
J47xFaCe-x
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91812431 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i have installed for drivers. See my laptop but i start go system error, how fixing?

2019-6-19
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer

Thanks for sharing this!
2019-9-25
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

By the way, there is a warning that the newest firmware xxxx.24 is NOT compatible with the Simulator.
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules