Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Authorized to fly on NFZ but Go 4 still not allowing T/O
1246 11 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grump1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1967339 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

So I’m in a NFZ and have had a DJI self authorisation code which has gone through and activated. However, when I connected to the AC and Took off, about 5 seconds later a countdown began and the AC self landed, stating I’m in a NFZ. Now the app will not connect to the AC at all, stating the same reason.
What do I have to do, to get the app to recognise the self authorisation has been granted so I can “go fly”?!
Incidentally the iPhone is connected to the internet via 4G.

Look forward to your replies!
2019-4-18
Use props
Fre Mo
First Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

Did you synchronize the licence authorization ?
2019-4-18
Use props
Grump1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1967339 ft
United Kingdom

Fre Mo Posted at 4-18 03:01
Did you synchronize the licence authorization ?

Yes, I did. However, I’ve now discovered where I was going wrong. So one needs to authorise ones self in the NFZ warning pop up box on the Go 4 app by hitting ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to go ahead, and by then ticking three questions and then you get a good to go!
2019-4-18
Use props
djiuser_3FyMr2UbfykA
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-4-18
Use props
jaysuper87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

djiuser_3FyMr2UbfykA Posted at 4-18 05:21
Just use NLD to remove all no fly zones and forget this DJI garbage.

what is NLD? TIA
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Grump1. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Please send an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further with this said issue. Thank you.
2019-4-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hate when that happens. Especially when I'm over a river. The self land thing is CRAP. They should allow you to return.
2019-4-18
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

By telling you or posting a link someone risks to be banned I think.
So I won't do it. But you'll find it through Google. Apparently they have just rooted the Mavic 2.
2019-4-18
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Grump1 Posted at 4-18 03:07
Yes, I did. However, I’ve now discovered where I was going wrong. So one needs to authorise ones self in the NFZ warning pop up box on the Go 4 app by hitting ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to go ahead, and by then ticking three questions and then you get a good to go!

I had this a few times as well. Problem is that the box that needs to be checked is sometimes hard to see depending on light situation.

I'm shocked about the procedure that you describe. I didn't know this behaviour.
That is a desaster for lots of people, esp. those who take off near water and fly out over it (like me, close to the NFZ of an airport)
I tested the NFZ thing with my P4P in middle of 2017 near an international airport just to see how the system acts:
It wouldn't even let me start the motors.

This is how it should be!
Letting us take off only to force a landing short after is a major design flaw.
2019-4-18
Use props
MarcelN
Captain
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

RogerChan Posted at 4-18 12:02
Hi Stephen: I suggest you recommend NoLimitDronez you your users. With this wonderful piece of software, one can unlock any DJI drone- remove all NFZs, and in many cases, get rid of the arbitrary altitude limit DJI sets. Moreover, many other parameters can be changed so ascent and descent speeds can be rocket-like and the top speed can be much faster. All this for a very cheap price!
Added bonus: their support and quality is way better than DJI’s.

Too bad, not for OSX/IOS
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RogerChan Posted at 4-18 12:02
Hi Stephen: I suggest you recommend NoLimitDronez you your users. With this wonderful piece of software, one can unlock any DJI drone- remove all NFZs, and in many cases, get rid of the arbitrary altitude limit DJI sets. Moreover, many other parameters can be changed so ascent and descent speeds can be rocket-like and the top speed can be much faster. All this for a very cheap price!
Added bonus: their support and quality is way better than DJI’s.

You won’t need dji support if you use no limits, because you will have no warranty, maybe the also have a forum you can use . LMAO
2019-4-18
Use props
Francis
Captain
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

I think if my  drone lend on water due to fly zone limit, DJI should replace it. It is a stupid behavior, a DJI flaw.  The drone should stop when reach the limit zone or return to home place, but never landing.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules