Sunrise time lapse best settings Nepal :)
6546 6 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b_hirsch_photo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37923 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

Completely new to the OSMO pocket as I am a photographer but just bought one for an upcoming trip to Nepal.
We will have one stop on a plateau to see the sun rise behind the himalaya .. and my idea is to make a time lapse of if while I do the photos in parallel.

Any suggested setting for a really smooth & nice timelapse with the bright sun going up ?

Tripod is a given , I already ordered some ND filters but would need a help with the best pro settings .. which video / which sutter speeds etc .

Thanks in advance !!!

Bjoern
2019-4-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It is hard to tell, during a timelapse, especially sunrise can take one hour or more, because the weather can be changing, light is changing, color temperature is changing, better set everything to auto.
2019-4-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I would have to agree with Oh-no.
I have only done two sunsets so far and both came out quite well.  Be more concerned with the wind over such a long time period and make sure you find a sheltered spot or the gimbal head may move about during the period. Also, make sure the Osmo Pocket itself has a firm base to shoot from. One other point just occurred to me. I've only started with sunsets, so the focus has not been a problem. I wonder if starting from it being darker will affect that? Maybe someone else can answer that one.
2019-4-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

AFC should be OK, nothing you can do during the timelapse process, have a good tripod against possible strong gust, wear enough protective clothing for yourself, and ENJOY ~~~
2019-4-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-18 06:47
I would have to agree with Oh-no.
I have only done two sunsets so far and both came out quite well.  Be more concerned with the wind over such a long time period and make sure you find a sheltered spot or the gimbal head may move about during the period. Also, make sure the Osmo Pocket itself has a firm base to shoot from. One other point just occurred to me. I've only started with sunsets, so the focus has not been a problem. I wonder if starting from it being darker will affect that? Maybe someone else can answer that one.

I only worried about weather, if it is foggy.... touch wood ...
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bjoern. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for reaching out. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to create a timelapse using your DJI Osmo Pocket. I hope this can help you. Have a safe and happy flying always in Nepal.

2019-4-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-18 07:42
I only worried about weather, if it is foggy.... touch wood ...

It's just that I've noticed slight gimbal movements in short gusts of wind. not much, but enough to create slight jumps of movement of the frame, so now I try to find a sheltered spot when out. I have a fairly sturdy tripod which is overkill for the Osmo Pocket in most circumstances as it was bought to cope with up to 12lbs of camera and lens but useful when I have it with me.

As I'm mainly shooting stills the main reason I like the Osmo Pocket is it doesn't take up much additional space or even weigh that much compared to the two DSLRs, lenses, flashguns, grips, and laptop I'm normally carrying, and even if I don't take any video I find the Osmo Pocket can make a good account of itself in good light when doing panoramas. It saves me a lot of time and effort and cuts down on needing to carry another additional wide angled lens which would probably weigh more anyway.

Weather can change a lot in the time it takes to do any timelapse. I'm just happy it's getting towards summer here as I'm getting fed up with standing around in the cold.
2019-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules