Ronin-S and off-center lens/mount (Fujifilm X-t30)
1679 7 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jservaes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61713 ft
Belgium

Hello all,

I just bought a Ronin-S. I was wondering if it is a problem if your camera has an off-center mounting adapter. I have a brand new Fujifilm X-T30 and the lens is off-center with the stand mounting screw. I always get a bad-yaw notification when doing an auto-tune.

So DJI :

1 : Is it Ok to use off-center lens camera's with the ronin? I perfectly balanced it in advance.
2 : Are you going to support the fujifilm x-t30? It is an incredible camera for filming.
3 : Is it normal I can't move the horizontal stand (where the base plate is mounted) completely towards the motor-side?? It stops at least 1.5cm before the end of the scale.

Thanks
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jservaes, for your first two questions, Fujifilm X-T30 is not supported by Ronin-S, we are not sure if the off-center lens you mentioned can be used.
The scale in the stand is used for us to balance the gimbal easily and quickly next time by remembering the scale, it is OK if it stops at least 1.5cm as long as the gimbal can be balanced.
2019-4-21
Use props
jservaes
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 20:27
Hi jservaes, for your first two questions,  Fujifilm X-T30 is not supported by Ronin-S, we are not sure if the off-center lens you mentioned can be used.
The scale in the stand is used for us to balance the gimbal easily and quickly next time by remembering the scale, it is OK if it stops at least 1.5cm as long as the gimbal can be balanced.

Thank you for the reply.

As mentioned by a lot of people. It would be very wise for DJI to support Fujifilm. At the moment they have 2 golden award winners (X-T3 and X-T30). They are both amazing for picture and video! I'm sure lots of people will use them.

Regards
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jservaes Posted at 4-24 04:12
Thank you for the reply.

As mentioned by a lot of people. It would be very wise for DJI to support Fujifilm. At the moment they have 2 golden award winners (X-T3 and X-T30). They are both amazing for picture and video! I'm sure lots of people will use them.

Fuji X-T3 will be supported via the future firmware update, but not sure about the X-T30, please note our website of the future firmware release notes.
2019-4-25
Use props
Mariagrazia De Filippo
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thanks mindy,
Do you know by when XT3 will be supported?
Will XH1 also be supported?
Thanks in advance
2019-6-1
Use props
Mariagrazia De Filippo
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-25 02:56
Fuji X-T3 will be supported via the future firmware update, but not sure about the X-T30, please note our website of the future firmware release notes.

Thanks Mindy,
Thanks in advance
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mariagrazia De Filippo Posted at 6-6 19:01
Thanks Mindy,

Sorry that we do not have ETA when the firmware will be related to support X-T3, and also have no idea if the XH1 will be supported, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you.
2019-6-13
Use props
jservaes
lvl.1
Belgium

Thx! Very pleased tot know the x-t3 will ben supported!

Regards
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules