focus problems
1418 11 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
camerafan
lvl.1

Argentina

Hey there, this is my first post.

My topic is about focus, I think is the main fail of osmo pocket, beside of dynamic range.

The problems that Osmo had with the focus, has it been solved ? or are those problems still there ? I'm evaluating buying an OP, but I still don't know. DJI should make a firmware that gives an option to an infinite focus, and there will never be problems like the focus of Gopro.

I wait ur comments.

thanks !!!!
2019-4-18
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

It is much improved after 3rd firmware update.
I am really comfortable with its focus ever since and got usable shots all the time.

Just need to mind of its focus speed as a contrast focus system.
2019-4-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The camera isn't capable of infinite focus, physically.  Firmware can't fix that.
2019-4-18
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-18 20:39
The camera isn't capable of infinite focus, physically.  Firmware can't fix that.

PowerOn with AF-s mode will be fix to infinite focus.
2019-4-18
Use props
neil video
lvl.2
United Kingdom

zu1 Posted at 4-18 22:04

Bear in mind that any fixed ‘infinity’ focus won’t keep close objects (closer than 2-3m) in focus. As mentioned above, the lens isn’t capable of it.
2019-4-19
Use props
neil video
lvl.2
United Kingdom

zu1 Posted at 4-18 22:04

Bear in mind that any fixed ‘infinity’ focus won’t keep close objects (closer than 2-3m) in focus. As mentioned above, the lens isn’t capable of it.
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day camerafan. Thank you for reaching out and for your insight with regards to this matter. Let me forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-19
Use props
camerafan
lvl.1

Argentina

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-18 20:39

thanks fanfe, !!
2019-4-19
Use props
camerafan
lvl.1

Argentina

neil video Posted at 4-19 09:05

thanks for ur answer..No matter close 2 mt, I want focus infinite mainly for urban scenes, architecture, the background buildings. The infinite focus is a solution for many people like is a solution in gopro, that the user dont need pay attention about focus.
2019-4-19
Use props
camerafan
lvl.1

Argentina

Tide Posted at 4-18 17:19
It is much improved after 3rd firmware update.
I am really comfortable with its focus ever since and got usable shots all the time.

thanks Tife for ur information !!!!! : )
2019-4-19
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

neil video Posted at 4-19 09:06

I think that this lens has the capablity to make objects at about 2-3m to be at focus. You can try it.
2019-4-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Focus is almost perfect now. The only 'real' issue with the OP now is that the lens scratches by looking at it...
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules