Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
selector switch when using prop guards.
896 6 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Will someone please explain why there is a need for a prop guard switch, in the DJI Go 4 app, when employing prop guards on a mavic Pro.  I can not seem to find any information on the subjest.
Thank you,

Chuck
2019-4-18
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Normally only with the propeller cage (heavier). AFAIK, propeller guards don't need any setting the App. I use those rarely without problem in normal conditions. Use them only if you plan to fly in-door, near trees, walls, and at low altitude where you might hit some obstacles. Otherwise fly high without them.
2019-4-19
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
United States

Gazmg Posted at 4-19 00:13
Normally only with the propeller cage (heavier). AFAIK, propeller guards don't need any setting the App. I use those rarely without problem in normal conditions. Use them only if you plan to fly in-door, near trees, walls, and at low altitude where you might hit some obstacles. Otherwise fly high without them.

Hi Gazmg.

45 views and you were the only one to reply.  Thank  you.  

Chuck
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Goldchucker Posted at 4-19 22:14
Hi Gazmg.

45 views and you were the only one to reply.  Thank  you.  

Up to 67 views, apologies for late reply, yes there is no need for normal props to change anything, but you have to with cage props because of weight, instructions come with cage props .
2019-4-24
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 11:15
Up to 67 views, apologies for late reply, yes there is no need for normal props to change anything, but you have to with cage props because of weight, instructions come with cage props .

Hi hallmark007

Thank you for your reply.  I posted here because I couldn't find any spacifics on the subject.

Thanks again,
Chuck
2019-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goldchucker Posted at 4-24 12:35
Hi hallmark007

Thank you for your reply.  I posted here because I couldn't find any spacifics on the subject.

The cage props are shorter than the standard and run at slightly higher rpm accordingly.

Edit: And Much noisier.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The option for propeller cage on DJI GO 4 app would notify that the propellers guard been installed to your aircraft . After Propeller Cage is turned on in DJI GO4, wind detection will be disabled, and wind warnings will not be shown. Hope that this information would satisfy your query for today.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules