Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Emergency stop mode?
7158 18 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the sticks pointed outwards/inwards does it stop in midair?  What does "if aircraft breaks down" mean??
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In emergency use will disarm the motors if the drone has a critical error in flight.
2019-4-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-18 23:19
In emergency use will disarm the motors if the drone has a critical error in flight.

What kind of critical error?
2019-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-19 03:27
What kind of critical error?

It just says critical error in the user manual reflected by a solid red light on the rear LED's. So something major that may cause the drone to crash out of control like a broken ESC etc
2019-4-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-19 04:06
It just says critical error in the user manual reflected by a solid red light on the rear LED's. So something major that may cause the drone to crash out of control like a broken ESC etc

oh, I was testing the double sticks while at low alt and it didn't cut the motors.  : )
2019-4-19
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Any reason why you want to wreck your bird on purpose? AFAIK there is no way to practice this so wrecking the drone on purpose is the only way.
2019-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-19 06:42
oh, I was testing the double sticks while at low alt and it didn't cut the motors.  : )

That’s why though I’ve never needed to try it in nearly 3 years - just enjoy the fact you don’t need to use it and fly safe
2019-4-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 4-19 07:34
Any reason why you want to wreck your bird on purpose? AFAIK there is no way to practice this so wrecking the drone on purpose is the only way.

I wanted to see just incase I get carried away with a full backwards right strafe while doing an altitude drop rotation to the left while gimbal rotating it up smoothly and adjusting the zoom tracking something manually to find out now if it will crash or not.
2019-4-19
Use props
BobB
Captain
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-19 09:03
I wanted to see just incase I get carried away with a full backwards right strafe while doing an altitude drop rotation to the left while gimbal rotating it up smoothly and adjusting the zoom tracking something manually to find out now if it will crash or not.

I think the sticks have to be held that way for a certain amount of time before it will work. Seconds more but to make sure the pilot meant to do it if you know what i mean. Good luck
2019-4-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 4-19 15:47
I think the sticks have to be held that way for a certain amount of time before it will work. Seconds more but to make sure the pilot meant to do it if you know what i mean. Good luck

I was holding it for a while, while it was in the air and it didn't shut the motors off.
2019-4-19
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would like to know the definitive answer to this as well.

I understand that pulling both sticks down and either inwards or outwards (CSC) will either start or stop the motors while it is on the ground but does it exhibit the same behaviour when it is in the air?

Reason I ask is if I let anyone else fly the drone I always say do not perform the CSC while flying but I am always on edge in case they forget and split my time between glancing up at the drone and staring at the stick positions!

I can understand the reason why CSC might be carried out in flight to purposely bring the drone down to prevent some other catastrophe but the other half of me thinks it should be disabled to prevent accidental motor stop!

Unlike the OP I don't have the 'courage' to perform CSC while in flight even at a low flying height...

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-23
Use props
BobB
Captain
United States

GlynH Posted at 4-23 11:53
I would like to know the definitive answer to this as well.

I understand that pulling both sticks down and either inwards or outwards (CSC) will either start or stop the motors while it is on the ground but does it exhibit the same behaviour when it is in the air?

yes it does work in the air. There are videos on Uboob that people took a Mavic 1 and stopped the props and while it was falling they fired up the drone and then brought it back down safely. I haven't seen anything newer that has been tried on though.
2019-4-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-19 09:03

You can test it in the app's simulator too
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-23 12:12
You can test it in the app's simulator too

I'm not sure how to load up the app sim but it will only stop the motors during a breakdown but as to what determines the breakdown is unknown to me.
2019-4-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-23 15:11
I'm not sure how to load up the app sim but it will only stop the motors during a breakdown but as to what determines the breakdown is unknown to me.

A critical error - essentially the drone flying beyond your control due to a major breakdown - motor stopping mid flight etc
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-24 00:03
A critical error - essentially the drone flying beyond your control due to a major breakdown - motor stopping mid flight etc

Going full outward and inner sticks becomes a reality often when you are in tripod mode at high-alt.  We need to really know what the "breakdown" event is.
2019-4-24
Use props
vandepoel.nicotelenet.be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448323 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Did try it today, its not working in air, tryed everytng, started a whole discusion on official dji fpv facebook page, today i simulated an emergency bu picking it out of mid air and chake it crazyx then do the inner down stick movement, option was olso on in menu, but drone keeps on going to selfdestruct
72CFE8D4-C4AC-4200-81AB-69A745C0B8D7.jpeg
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_unbM5cWv7C8i
New

United States

This conversation has me worried now. I regularly use both joysticks at different angles to get some great moving/fading shots.  Now I am worried that I will accidentally kill the motors. If you ask me, this feature sucks.
2021-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_unbM5cWv7C8i Posted at 11-29 16:57
This conversation has me worried now. I regularly use both joysticks at different angles to get some great moving/fading shots.  Now I am worried that I will accidentally kill the motors. If you ask me, this feature sucks.

Agreed it sucks but for the opposite reason to you.
With the drone in normal flight and the response set to breakdown or emergency (the default) it is highly UNLIKELY that you could kill the motors in mid air.

I sent a Mavic Mini up to 100m + and with the response set to "Emergency Only" I held the CSC position all the way down to around 2m. The drone was in perfect control the whole way down and even slowed its descent as the VPS system registered the approaching ground, when I released the sticks the drone hovered.
With the response set to ''anytime'' or whatever the name of the alternative setting is, and staring at 2m, the Mavic Mini stopped the motors after the CSC position had been held for between 1 and 2 seconds, the Mavic Mini fell maybe 18 inches on to grass.
The delay in the anytime mode is far too short and the midari shut down too easily triggered, the alternative does not allow a pilot to drop the drone from the sky to avoid a catastrophy.
2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules