839 7 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huntm11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15466 ft
Brazil

Hi

I bought my M avic Air in December and all was great. I recently got it out again and after only a few minutes I got all sorts of error messages. A quick look on this forum told me that maybe it was hot. So, I let it cool down, updated the controller firmware and tried again in cooler late afternoon conditions. Then, it behaved very strangely, it had lots of error messges (Gyroscope temperature to high, carefully land and restart the aircraft) but the drone wouldn't respond to my downward commands and the error message appeared over the 'land' button, then inexplicably it dived down and crash landed. Can anybody have a look at my flight log and give me their expert opinion?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ORF0KLNMJ38QJA7C40W4/

Thanks.
2019-4-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi huntm11,

First time ever seeing this error "Gyroscope temperature too high. Carefully land and restart the aircraft.".
AND your MA started a GOHOME by itself!  Reason for this a protection safe mode. (never seen this before as well).

In a Normal RTH mode you can control the speed and height, in this flight your MA did not respond to lowering it by use of the RC stick.
I do not know if that is normal is this safety GOHOME mode or not.

In the last recorded data i  see an increasing speed, start of your crash i think.

My advice is to contact DJI for this error and your crash.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day huntm11. I am  sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-19
Use props
huntm11
lvl.1
Brazil

JJB* Posted at 4-19 07:45
Hi huntm11,

First time ever seeing this error "Gyroscope temperature too high. Carefully land and restart the aircraft.".

Thanks very much for this. I've just submitted all the info to DJI. Lets wait and see what they say.
Kind regards.
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Trouble with gyroscopes sounds like a definite hardware problem, gyroscopes play an important part along with accelerometers for IMU to achieve the monitoring angular rate of the quad, I will try explain below.
I think dji are really the only ones here that can help you with this, they also should get all recorded rates of gyroscopes in your flight log.

To achieve the monitoring function, the IMU uses gyroscopes and accelerometers, the gyroscopes measure the angular rate of movement of quad, if the drone needs to be stable then the gyro will detect a movement which will cause the flight controller to power up a motor to counter that movement until the gyro detects 0 movement, meaning the quad is now back to stable, however a inherent problem with gyros is that they drift leading to errors of where stable level is, so even if the craft is level the gyro might detect false movement which will power up and move it out of level.

Good luck and let us know how you get on .

2019-4-22
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

How hot is that equator location?
96fareinheit?
2019-4-22
Use props
huntm11
lvl.1
Brazil

cutis Posted at 4-22 15:35
How hot is that equator location?
96fareinheit?

At the time of the flight it was 86 but but it does go up to 104.
2019-4-23
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

huntm11@gmail.com Posted at 4-23 10:11
At the time of the flight it was 86 but but it does go up to 104.

the folks in standard conditions then will prevail:  14.7psia and 68fareinheit

you do realize the greater difference between heat and cold temperature the faster the heat will be removed, thereby eliminating materials temperature excursions that will maim it.
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules