New Firmware
2053 18 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kirk_Collins
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone,  I uploaded the new firm ware to my Air when it first was available.  Prior to installing the new firmware the drone flew perfect.  Now when I lift off, at around one meter I lose camera signal and my screen says weak signal.  This has never happened on any of my drones.  Things I've tried to correct
1. Re-installed the latest firmware
2. Re booted both the Air and controller

Same problem I had when I uploaded it the first time.

Anyone have any ideas, would certainly appreciate some insight.

Kirk
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Kirk_Collins.  We do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May I ask what mobile device are you currently using right now?. In addition, We highly recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can re-link the RC and aircraft after using the application, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes. You may refer to the link below for you to use it on your computer. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress for us to further help you with regards to this issue. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2019-4-19
Use props
Kirk_Collins
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the response.  I'm using an Apple iPhone 7+ and see answers to your questions below
1. I did restore factory defaults
2. I did refresh the firmware today using DJI Assistant 2
3. I did re-calibrate IMU using Assistant 2 (I'm thinking this is the screens where you point the camera at the moving square)
4. I re-calibrated the compass before I tried flying it.

Still have the same problem with the camera weak signal after about one meter the signal on my mobile says weak signal and no video

I love flying and hope we can fix so I can get back in the air...  If you would like call me 925-577-4094

Kirk
2019-4-19
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Kirk not to worry.
I experience too.
Do not change anything until dissatisfied existing factory.
Factory default is best assurance until graduation upwards skills.
2019-4-19
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Exact same problem here. Actually I was preparing to post about the problem when I saw your thread. I flew twice after the update and lost RC connection both times, with the craft just a few meters away. The strange thing is as far as I remember I did not have any issues with camera feed, which normally dies way before you fully loose RC capabilities. It was as if the MA (or the RC) suddenly decided to disconnect.

I re-installed the firmare via PC this time and re-claibrated everything. Weather permitting I will give it a last try today...

PS: The calibration in DJi assistant is for the vision sensors. IMU is done via app by removing the props and placing the MA on a flat surface in different positions...

2019-4-19
Use props
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3948947 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here as well!  Hopefully DJI doesn't dilly dally around and fix this quickly!!   Also, it keeps telling me to update my firmware but the update keeps failing!!   I'm so frustrated right now!!!
2019-4-19
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

cutis Posted at 4-19 18:10
Kirk not to worry.
I experience too.
Do not change anything until dissatisfied existing factory.

Nothing you say makes any sense.  What country you from?
2019-4-19
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 4-19 22:32

Youd need a census backing to credit your remark as isolate?
2019-4-20
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

You must realize the catch22. Updates rarely are forced. The cancel or ignore is always optional. You must reason why so, this option is provided.
When everything works wonderfully, there is still uncertainty whether invoking changes could possibly invite humbug and vice versa, could be beneficial nevertheless.
Be careful deciding since some invoked changes emphasize "irrevocable" which to really undo requires expertise overriding flashing obstructs.
2019-4-20
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Can clarify be made of posters orig segment "...had same problem as this before...."

Does this mean at an earlier time in history, updates caused similar deficiency lost signal close ranged?
2019-4-20
Use props
Kirk_Collins
lvl.1
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 4-19 22:32

I'm in the United States
2019-4-20
Use props
fans1e9c3133
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310308 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 4-19 18:18
Exact same problem here. Actually I was preparing to post about the problem when I saw your thread. I flew twice after the update and lost RC connection both times, with the craft just a few meters away. The strange thing is as far as I remember I did not have any issues with camera feed, which normally dies way before you fully loose RC capabilities. It was as if the MA (or the RC) suddenly decided to disconnect.

I re-installed the firmare via PC this time and re-claibrated everything. Weather permitting I will give it a last try today...

I had a very similar problem flying well within range a couple weeks back, lost signal completely while over the ocean and it never came back. The RTH point was recorded like 50 meters away from where I took off and I didn’t notice until way after the battery would have expired. I thought I lost my drone in the water but luckily it did return back to its RTH point which wasn’t over the water and someone grabbed it and got in contact with me so I got it back. I’ve been nervous to take it up ever since then
2019-4-20
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

I stopped updating it on February of 2018.
I remember myself getting the latest update and I ended up screwing up my drone, before that, my drone was stable, great signal, just phenomenal.

After almost a year since I did that update, came another update fixing some issues, therefore, at that time, I got used to my drone and it's special way of flying... it's known, each update dji brings up comes with great stuff and NEW issues.

The question is... Do you need these updates?

I'm happy with my drone as it is, a I'm not willing to ever update it again.
2019-4-21
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
United States

cutis Posted at 4-20 11:11
Youd need a census backing to credit your remark as isolate?

What country you from?
2019-4-21
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
United States

Kirk_Collins Posted at 4-20 16:59
I'm in the United States

Did not ask where you are.
2019-4-21
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

How's this scenario?
No different than failing digital computer motherboards, the bypass caps proximized strategically in supportive bus stabilization (dc rail) for load consumption, they get tired and can no longer feed their charges held to demanding loads. Updates desire to flag out these culprits, hence the dreaded manifest "lost signal"
Think about this: better than falling out of the sky? The update pushes, and the weaklings must stand down. It is not a reasonable assumption believing had update been declined aircraft still would be flying better than ever still?
2019-4-22
Use props
Kirk_Collins
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-19 13:17
Hi, good day Kirk_Collins.  We do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May I ask what mobile device are you currently using right now?. In addition, We highly recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can re-link the RC and aircraft after using the application, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes. You may refer to the link below for you to use it on your computer. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress for us to further help you with regards to this issue. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Hello Again, are you still looking into solution for my issue?  If not I'm going to send it in
2019-4-24
Use props
Haroonsays
New
Flight distance : 44111 ft
United Kingdom

having the same problem, please fix this DJI!
2019-4-29
Use props
NathanSimpk
New

United States

Have you found a solution finally?
2019-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules