942 6 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. Many threads here with regard to focus issues with the Osmo Pocket, but I can't find one like mine.

For both photos and videos the pocket is generating images with at least one third of the image consistently out of focus, while the rest is fine. Example attached - note that the tree line in front of photo loses focus as you look left to right, as does the image in the distance.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Firmware is latest as of today.
Osmo focus fault.jpg
2019-4-19
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yes, a few others have reported a similar fault. I think it is a fault with your Osmo Pocket. You need to take this up with Dji. Use a support link at the bottom of this page to get in touch with them.
2019-4-20
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It doesn't look like a focus problem .....  If there is no filter in front of the lens, it could be a lens/sensor alignment issue.
2019-4-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Open a ticket to get it fixed / replaced.
2019-4-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, Sound like an alignment problem. File a warranty claim.
2019-4-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK. I dropped my Pocket off with the DJI dealer I bought it from. I've 3 DJI drones and a Pocket, but this will be my first experience with the Australian DJI Service Centre (in Melbourne) - I hope it's a good one.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
2019-4-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>

OK. Just thought I'd close this off.
So, following the comments of others here, I returned the Pocket to the dealer. I'd bought it from them 3 months earlier, and provided them with photo examples of the issue. They dispatched it to the DJI distributor in Australia who on-forwarded it to a DJI repair centre here. Four weeks later, Dji and distributor returned a different Pocket which looks like a new unit. No explanation - just replacement at no cost to me. The response was good, but I'm yet to test what I've been returned.

But so far I think the response by DJI was excellent.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules