Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Petition to DJI : Add Course Lock to the Spark
9438 36 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Hello Folks,

I know it's been brought up before, but frankly I don't think that Spark users should be denied Intelligent Flight modes that it's more than capable of handling.  
Course Lock  specifically, is an intelligent flight mode that Spark users should never have been denied.
Many say this is because the Spark is a "Low Budget" Drone from DJI and the reasoning behind leaving out certain intelligent flight modes that we all know the
spark is more than capable of handling, is so DJI can force us to spend more money on upgrading to more expensive Drones in the DJI product line that these Intelligent flight modes are included on.  Which is pretty much ALL of them except the Spark!
This is ridicilious reasoning.  The Spark has a 1080p canera, a 2 Axis Gimbal, with limited battery time.  So leaving out an Intelligent Flight mode is not a good reason
to upgrade.  The camera, gimbal and battery time however are.  So why leave out Intelligent Flight modes?

Another reason DJI would benefit from including Course Lock and other Intelligent Flight Modes that were left out, would be the prevent people from using 3rd party
apps such as Litchi or DJI Go4 MOD.

Sure the Spark is a lower end model from DJI, but it's STILL costly, we are still putting money in DJIs pocket.  Buying acessories, etc... and we deserve to have these Intelligent Flight modes included.  Especailly something, in my opinion, as beneficial as Course Lock for cinematic video.

So to all of your fellow Spark Pilots out there.  Please!  Give your feedback in this thread and vote on the poll.  Lets let  DJI know that we want this!  And we won't stop until it's been updated and included!

Thank you for your time

Single SelectVote, Total 27 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

77.78% (21)
14.81% (4)
7.41% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-4-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It only works on drones w/ the camera directly on the center bottom.  Phantom, Matrice, Inspire.
2019-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What keeps you from using the Go4 mod 2.0 / lite?
2019-4-20
Use props
fans279a98ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-20 05:37
It only works on drones w/ the camera directly on the center bottom.  Phantom, Matrice, Inspire.

I’m replying to get some points..
2019-4-20
Use props
fans279a98ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

fans279a98ca Posted at 4-20 13:27
I’m replying to get some points..

Need some more...
2019-4-20
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I want all intelligent flight modes that my older brothers have with my Sparky.
2019-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Jacob Williams Posted at 4-20 19:35
I want all intelligent flight modes that my older brothers have with my Sparky.

Then try the go4 mod 2.0
Or litchi
2019-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

I think, the photo/video section "nice picture", "great video" is a better point collector for you

2019-4-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

LOL, you are straightforward
BTW welcome to the forum buddy
You need to get to lvl 1 before reacting a thread  
2019-4-21
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 4-20 05:37

That is incorrect.  It works without issue on the Spark with Go4 MOD and Litchi.  As per my original post.  The spark is 100% capable of Course Lock as well as the other intelligent flight modes.  The Air and Mavics have Course Lock.   And their Cameras are not in that position.  
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 4-21 05:54
That is incorrect.  It works without issue on the Spark with Go4 MOD and Litchi.  As per my original post.  The spark is 100% capable of Course Lock as well as the other intelligent flight modes.  The Air and Mavics have Course Lock.   And their Cameras are not in that position.

wtf it does? how much better is Go4 Mod and Litchi?  What are the differences between Go4 Mod and Litchi?  Are they reliable?
2019-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 4-21 06:00
wtf it does? how much better is Go4 Mod and Litchi?  What are the differences between Go4 Mod and Litchi?  Are they reliable?

Yes, they are.
Also the go4 mod is "just" a go4 without the block for the mavic flight modes.
(Released mavic flight modes for the Spark)
The biggest disadvantages, for our Sparks, is the -85° limit for the gimbal. You can't do direct flyovers with a change from forward flying to backwards (in missons), you need a side distance, to make it work.
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-21 06:12
Yes, they are.
Also the go4 mod is "just" a go4 without the block for the mavic flight modes.
(Released mavic flight modes for the Spark)

Someone did 3D maps w/ the Spark!!

Go4 mod seems interesting to take a look at.  You can use all the Mavic flight modes??  Also what is the difference between that an Litchi?
2019-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Litchi is not free.
Testing waypoints and the mods out, easy going with the Go4 Mod
With Go4 you have that what DJI offers, waypoints you have to fly first,  save, befor flying a mission
With Litchi you can plan on the computer (litchi mission hub) , can fly the same missions with different devices or: 2 drones at the same time on the same mission (you have a Spark and a mavic 2, ...;-)

Btw: the mavic flight modes are on the second page in the app. If you don't swipe the first page to the left, you can't fly orbit (with course lock for the circle, p.ex.!), course lock, ......
And: it is a 4.1.15 So just the modes till end 2017 available (for free!)

Btw: Is mission 2 mode now available, for the mavic 2?  
2019-4-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-20 23:59
Then try the go4 mod 2.0
Or litchi

are they free?
2019-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Google:

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]
2019-4-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Wow, DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 is pretty cool. Why doesn't DJI add these things to their app
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-21 11:52
Google:

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... pp-ver-4-1-15.3841/

The app is dated Jan 2018!

Can you screenshot what it looks like to determine if it's even worth it?  My drone and controller are Solid which is why I went with DJI.  I used custom stuff when doing DIY drones back since 2013 but with DJI I need it to remain fully reliable.
2019-4-21
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

I bought Litchi yesterday and course lock was the main reason behind it. Litchi offers a ton of other features in addition, most of them are intelligent/autonomous features which can be replicated on the Go4 app or with manual flying. But the course lock is an entirely different story. For all the people wondering what's the big deal about Course Lock, take a look at this video.

2019-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 4-21 14:11
https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... pp-ver-4-1-15.3841/

The app is dated Jan 2018!

The 4.1.15 is from Nov. 2017
Thats the package, the mod is based on. There is also "tons" of stuff not include, like "no mavic air", "no mavic 2", so it is a "slim fit" for Spark users.
And for testing, you can install it aside your ori-Go4 and get a own impression.
Which makes a lot of sense, since you have a newer model DJI drone, too.
2019-4-21
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

Just to be clear folks.  I have nothing against the 3rd party apps ( Go4 MOD and Litchi ) but we should not HAVE to step outside the official Go4 App to have Intelligent flight modes such as Course Lock and Home Lock that ALL other DJI Drones have, when the spark is 100% capable of using them.

For the record.  I tried the DJIGo 4 MOD app, which I did so specifically for Course Lock to grab some Cinematic shots.  YES, CL can be done manually but it's a lot to do and think about when you are trying to get the shot.  CL would just make it easy.  So I tried the MOD app, and turned on CL, Set my heading and attempted a shot as a test.  My spark didn't even come close to staying on it's assigned course.  It went left and right , VERY far to the point I almost hit the tree I was doing the test with.  Has anyone else experienced this?
2019-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mhinc Posted at 4-21 23:25
Just to be clear folks.  I have nothing against the 3rd party apps ( Go4 MOD and Litchi ) but we should not HAVE to step outside the official Go4 App to have Intelligent flight modes such as Course Lock and Home Lock that ALL other DJI Drones have, when the spark is 100% capable of using them.

For the record.  I tried the DJIGo 4 MOD app, which I did so specifically for Course Lock to grab some Cinematic shots.  YES, CL can be done manually but it's a lot to do and think about when you are trying to get the shot.  CL would just make it easy.  So I tried the MOD app, and turned on CL, Set my heading and attempted a shot as a test.  My spark didn't even come close to staying on it's assigned course.  It went left and right , VERY far to the point I almost hit the tree I was doing the test with.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I agree with you.
But the Go4 mod is, somehow ;-) no 3. party app!
And it is presumably the only DJI Go4 with this features for the Spark.

To your test, I  just have played a bit around, with course lock, but not really used it yet.
So can't tell.
Aside the "course lock" in the orbit mode, which lets the drone circle automatic and the pilot chose the direction, the bird looks with the cam.
And that is working very well.
How was GPS and calibration?
Any interferences?
2019-4-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mhinc Posted at 4-21 23:25

For the record.  I tried the DJIGo 4 MOD app, which I did so specifically for Course Lock to grab some Cinematic shots.  YES, CL can be done manually but it's a lot to do and think about when you are trying to get the shot.  CL would just make it easy.  So I tried the MOD app, and turned on CL, Set my heading and attempted a shot as a test.  My spark didn't even come close to staying on it's assigned course.  It went left and right , VERY far to the point I almost hit the tree I was doing the test with.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I agree with you.

To your test, I  just have played a bit around, with course lock, but not really used it yet.
So can't tell.
Aside the "course lock" in the orbit mode, which lets the drone circle automatic and the pilot chose the direction, the bird looks with the cam.
And that is working very well.
How was GPS and calibration?
Any interferences?
2019-4-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-21 15:34
I bought Litchi yesterday and course lock was the main reason behind it. Litchi offers a ton of other features in addition, most of them are intelligent/autonomous features which can be replicated on the Go4 app or with manual flying. But the course lock is an entirely different story. For all the people wondering what's the big deal about Course Lock, take a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9A2Q6EVTs

thanks for linking this video.
CL is a nice thing, I guess.
I have to look into it, right now I probably would try such shots like in the video by planning a litchi mission.
With the changes in heights assumingly even in "fly before setting the WP"-mode ;-)
2019-4-22
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

S-e-ven Posted at 4-22 08:48
thanks for linking this video.
CL is a nice thing, I guess.
I have to look into it, right now I probably would try such shots like in the video by planning a litchi mission.

You are welcome mate. It was this video which prompted me to buy Litchi. Litchi has everything included. You can either plan a waypoint mission or use the CL or HL feature with manual flying to get such shots.
2019-4-22
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 4-22 08:37
I agree with you.

Compass calibrated, IMU calibrated, and 18 Sats locked.
No interference.  Open feild, no magnetic issues, metal etc.  I bought Litchi today.  Experienced the same issue with Course Lock.
The Lock is in place, but the drone deviates from it's course left or right.  I mean could it just be me unknowingingly moving the stick
to the left and right when I am going forward and backwards?

2019-4-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mhinc Posted at 4-22 20:32
Compass calibrated, IMU calibrated, and 18 Sats locked.
No interference.  Open feild, no magnetic issues, metal etc.  I bought Litchi today.  Experienced the same issue with Course Lock.
The Lock is in place, but the drone deviates from it's course left or right.  I mean could it just be me unknowingingly moving the stick

Indeed, that can be.
Try a  litchi mission to verify.
You may try to switch your stick input from linear to exponential
https://forum.dji.com/thread-174400-1-1.html
2019-4-22
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 4-22 22:49
Indeed, that can be.
Try a  litchi mission to verify.
You may try to switch your stick input from linear to exponential

I will check that out.  I don't think that I am going left and right, I was very careful not to.
I will see if the Expo mode helps.

Thanks!
2019-4-24
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Would it be legal in Canada after June 1, 2019?
2019-4-24
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

ssylca44 Posted at 4-24 14:04
Would it be legal in Canada after June 1, 2019?

Would what exactly be legal in Canada after June 1st?  
Using course lock?  Why not?  Nothing about course lock breaks even the basic rules from Transport Canada.
2019-4-26
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

1.The most common issue for the IF mode is that all IF modes are dependant from the functions in the copters and RC´s firmware and not from the app.
2. The Go app should be a piloting and capturing app and should not a video or picture editing app. When DJI spread that areas apart?
2019-5-19
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Thanks for sharing this, very insightful
2019-7-23
Use props
tonyburgos
lvl.1

I will try to use go4 mod 2.0, I think so it is very nice!
2019-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

As Mavic 2 Pro lost course lock I doubt they will add it to the Spark. You might be lucky and the Spark replacement will have it.
2019-9-9
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Me voted yes
2020-3-11
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft