Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Russian tourist, flew his UAV over Strasbourg Cathedral @ Night!
1169 8 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightHawk9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strasbourg, France.
[Updated at 8 pm] A Russian tourist, aged 31, in police custody, for flying over Strasbourg Cathedral on the night of Thursday to Friday will be tried on October 8 before the Strasbourg Criminal Court. Friday at 2 am, six firefighters of the Research and Intervention Group in Dangerous Environments (GRIMP) intervened on the Place de la Cathédrale in Strasbourg to recover the aircraft stuck on the spire of the Strasbourg Cathedral. The machine runs out of battery was stuck in the religious building. The man then appealed to the municipal police to recover his drone. Having no authorization to fly, the thirties were apprehended by the police.  
A Russian tourist in his thirties flew a drone over the unique spire of the cathedral of Strasbourg (forbidden) at 2 in the morning (forbidden), ran out of battery and ... got stuck on the spire. He called the local police to claim for his copter, got busted. Had to send 6 special force guys to retrieve the quad.

He will be judged in October for flying, at night, without authorization over a restricted area.

These kids are going to ruin it for everything, pretty soon you will have to carry your Airmen Cert to fly these in the next seven years and in my opinion you should have to pass an exam.
These are not toys they are machines that can do some series damage, Just like the Idiot kid that flew over Fenway part in Boston, I believe that bust his butt.
Thank god I am currently studying not so I can be ready to take my part 107 exam here in the next few months.

2019-4-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

screw with the bull you get the horn.
2019-4-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting article with us. Great find. We highly recommend abiding by our local policy when in terms of flying the drone to have a peaceful flight. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-22
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Yup.  It's instance like these, that will make it harder for everyone else.  Like I said elsewhere, when one operates a UAS, they technically are viewed as a pilot and should be treated as such.
2019-4-24
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’d do that flight in a heartbeat minus getting stuck there.
2019-4-24
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

what kind of idiot rats himself out, wow. Incredible
2019-4-24
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many thousands who talked themselves into jail.
2019-4-24
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

ny300z Posted at 4-24 08:11
what kind of idiot rats himself out, wow. Incredible

One that has no concept of what he had done wrong.
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ignorance is bliss - until you're caught!
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules