Landing during RTH
562 6 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

At the end of a waypoint mission my M2P is set to return to home.  All is good until it actually starts to land.  At that point all sensors shut off, it continues to land but does not slow down the decent and lands really hard.  This started after the last firmware update.  Need answers from DJI.
2019-4-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you have landing protection turned on in the app?
2019-4-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Can you rollback to previous firmware and see if hard landings go away?
2019-4-20
Use props
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 4-20 09:42
Did you have landing protection turned on in the app?

Yes, landing protection was on.
2019-4-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JCALD Posted at 4-21 13:55
Yes, landing protection was on.

Switch on the AUX lights - that can help or calibrate the OA sensors in Assistant 2
2019-4-21
Use props
JCALD
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 4-21 23:11
Switch on the AUX lights - that can help or calibrate the OA sensors in Assistant 2

I had heard that the sensors cant see concrete very well and all of my hard RTH landings have been on a concrete surface.  Experimented this morning with a grass home point and the RTH landing was perfect.  Slowed nicely at about 2 meters and touched down very soft.  Guess I need to use grass from now on.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JCALD Posted at 4-22 09:54
I had heard that the sensors cant see concrete very well and all of my hard RTH landings have been on a concrete surface.  Experimented this morning with a grass home point and the RTH landing was perfect.  Slowed nicely at about 2 meters and touched down very soft.  Guess I need to use grass from now on.

The VPS basically needs to see the ground. Different lighting conditions and ground surfaces will impact on the performance of the vision positioning system.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules