2327 4 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. DJI will you comment on any and all added NFZ restriction and/or changes that were added/implimented in the latest firmware update?

2. Like to hear user/pilot experience regarding any 'new' and/or add restrictiions/changes to flying in and around NFZ?
2019-4-20
Use props
JPGLS
lvl.1
France

YES, I have new troubles with the last firmware update. Lots of NFZ (No Fly Zone) have come out. I live 20 km far from Paris in a house with a garden. So far I used to try the settings on my Mavic 2 zoom above my garden at an altitude between 4 or 5 meters. By now I cannot do that because I am in an NFZ and latest firmware prevent flying my aircraft. I have to drive 25 km in order to find out an authorized area. I am fed up with that. I am pretty sure that DJI could have managed flying in an NFZ with a very low altitude constraint. What a pity.
2019-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I sometimes find it strange that NFZ are putdown to dji, they are just informing you of NFZ and trying to insure you don’t fly into them, have you contacted FAA or government to find out why these new nfz’s Have been designated .
2019-5-12
Use props
JPGLS
lvl.1
France

I know the reason why I am in an NFZ : I live 11 km far from Orly airport (near Paris, France). The problem is that such zones will grow rapidly (I was a pilot and I know class A zones are always spreading out).
Because of the large number of airports around Paris NFZ zones connect alltogether. Finally I have to drive a long way to find a free zone. However I won't be able to fly my aircraft close to a route of an airliner from where I live. I am not optimist for the futur.
2019-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JPGLS Posted at 5-12 08:05
I know the reason why I am in an NFZ : I live 11 km far from Orly airport (near Paris, France). The problem is that such zones will grow rapidly (I was a pilot and I know class A zones are always spreading out).
Because of the large number of airports around Paris NFZ zones connect alltogether. Finally I have to drive a long way to find a free zone. However I won't be able to fly my aircraft close to a route of an airliner from where I live. I am not optimist for the futur.

Unfortunately this is a trend that will continue, there are new rules coming from EASA which should allow flights at as far as I remember 50ft in certain controlled airspace , and other than that it would be a matter of becoming licensed and flying with SOP, particularly if you need to film within NFZ .
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules