Battery does not stay on after firmware update
662 6 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gawarho
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware on my Phantom 3 Standard and now the battery turns ons, stays on for 2-3 seconds and then turns back off.
2019-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This might seem like a silly question, but are you using the correct technique to switch the battery on? Press once briefly, release, then press and hold until the battery switches on.
2019-4-20
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you leavr the FW-file on SD card of the copter so the battery can use it to update too?
2019-4-21
Use props
gawarho
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-20 19:11
This might seem like a silly question, but are you using the correct technique to switch the battery on? Press once briefly, release, then press and hold until the battery switches on.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I was turning it on using that method.  Last night it would turn on and the turn right off.

This morning it is working.  I am happy.

Thanks again.

2019-4-21
Use props
gawarho
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 4-21 00:03
Did you leavr the FW-file on SD card of the copter so the battery can use it to update too?

I updated the firmware per the video at the DJI web site.   It was all done through the app.

Regardless,  Last night it would turn on and the turn right off.

This morning it is working.  I am happy.

Thanks again for the idea.

2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi gawarho, sorry for all the trouble and I'm glad that everything is sorted out. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-4-21
Use props
Cellblock776
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647454 ft
United States

I found a simple solution to these sorts of problems.  Never Update, Ever.
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules