Compare Mavic Air with Mavic 2 Pro
573 0 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

I bought the Mavic Air bundle last year and have been using my iPhone XS Max with a specialized Neewer phone holder (the phone is huge). The arrangement works fairly well.

I've been taking the Mavic Air out much more, recently, and I use it mainly for taking RAW photographs at the highest resolution available.

I'm also a gear chaser, and although I know that you can often make incredible art with the lowest-tech gear (pin-hole cameras, for example), sometimes the newer gear can give you better results.

So the Mavic 2 Pro popped up on my screen while formatting the memory card, and it's $1,899 with the aircraft and the controller.

Here are some things that I was a little sad that the Mavic Air didn't come with:

1) Ability to record way-points and then play them back (I think some of the Pro models have that)
2) Perhaps a better camera/lens/gimbal
3) Cooler features (see "gear chaser" above)

So, I invested about $1,400 on the Mavic Air bundle with the goggles (which I hate), and the extra stuff (which I love), and even paid for a year of the premium service (which I really didn't use).

It seems like for $1,899 I'm getting all the stuff I had before (sans goggles), but the controller has a little screen -and- a place to plug in my phone. Does that sound right?

The camera in the Mavic 2 Zoom looks similar to my Mavic Air. But the Mavic 2 Pro camera looks much different.  Dare I say nicer? (Don't judge a book by its cover?)

Anyway....  Anyone have any thoughts about what I'd see, as primarily a photographer who wants to focus more on the photography, and less on the flying? (Meaning, smarter controls, the ability to replay waypoints/macros from a dry-run, more automatic and manual photography settings, plus of course RAW shooting.)

Hope this wasn't too much information, or too scatterbrained a question.  I can clarify if I missed anything.

Thanks!

2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules