4066 5 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yanivf
New
Flight distance : 17037 ft
United States

Hi,

I'm a newbie to video making and gimbal devices.

I watched few videos that show a cinematic effect called 'Gimbal Roll' when during pushing in/out that I wanted to mimic. However, when using the Osmo Mobile 2, it keeps switching between protrait to landscape mode and doesn't allow for the roll. How do you prevent it from happening? or how do you take a video in let say 45 angle?

Thanks
2019-4-20
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

this might be a shock but you can't.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, the gimbal roll function is not available with our DJI Osmo mobile 2. Please see the image below for the available function of the Power/Mode when the gimbal is turned on. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.

2019-4-21
Use props
James2809
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584629 ft
Germany

Hello I asked my self the same a few month ago but didnt find anything, But I have solved the problem for me. Its not quite good for the motors but if u hold it like this (90 degree): http://prntscr.com/nfdk89
And then turn this motor:http://prntscr.com/nfdl7d  slowly u can get a Gimbal Roll effect while its turned on but it is buggy sometimes and not so good for the Gimbal. I wont do this often because it can break your Gimbal.

Best regards James.
2019-4-22
Use props
fans07df3ae2
New

Eswatini

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 10:07
HI, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, the gimbal roll function is not available with our DJI Osmo mobile 2. Please see the image below for the available function of the Power/Mode when the gimbal is turned on. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.

[view_image]

I don’t understand why you can’t make an option where you control the roll axis only, in flashlight mode, we don’t need a full 360 degrees even 200 degrees will do but at least something would nice...this is just a suggestion.
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans07df3ae2 Posted at 5-3 06:43
I don’t understand why you can’t make an option where you control the roll axis only, in flashlight mode, we don’t need a full 360 degrees even 200 degrees will do but at least something would nice...this is just a suggestion.

Hi, thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. No worries, we will forward your suggestion to our designated department. Should you have further concern, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules