11282 14 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cogitare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131713 ft
Sweden

Hi!
I'm currently own a Ronin S and I'm planning on buying the new Sony A6400. The A6400 is not on the official compatibility list for the Ronin S (April 21, 2019), which is understandable because it's new. But, because it has the same body as the A6300/A6500, shouldn't the A6400 also be compatible? So, if I buy the MCC-Multi cable, I should be able to control Start/Stop Recording, capture photo, zoom control and trigger autofocus but not be able to control focus, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the Sony A6400 is not yet part of our compatibility cameras with our Ronin -S. Therefore, using the MCC multi cable can't be guaranteed the outcome if you could control Start/Stop and other functions. However, we could forward this matter into our related R&D department to possibly check if the Sony A6400 can be compatible in the future with our Ronin-S. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-21
Use props
Anya
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19754 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, Sony A6400 can be used with Ronin-S.
2019-4-23
Use props
AquilAir
New
Flight distance : 764 ft
Italy

Anya Posted at 4-23 00:02
Yes, Sony A6400 can be used with Ronin-S.

hello, how should I set up my sony 6400 to record from the ronin s?
2019-5-22
Use props
Kostas Letsas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235650 ft
Greece

Today I used a new MCC multi USB cable with my a6400, it works fine with the zoom but not so smooth in fast speed and the slow speed is veeeery slow! We need something better for that!I also can use the digital zoom with my 12mm samyang lens! Awesome!
The bad news is only that we can't use that ring for manual focus yet! I hope in the next update it will work!
2019-6-12
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

Kostas Letsas Posted at 6-12 08:07
Today I used a new MCC multi USB cable with my a6400, it works fine with the zoom but not so smooth in fast speed and the slow speed is veeeery slow! We need something better for that!I also can use the digital zoom with my 12mm samyang lens! Awesome!
The bad news is only that we can't use that ring for manual focus yet! I hope in the next update it will work!

I'm considering this same setup (a6400 + Ronin-S) and this is good to know. please keep sharing your experience!
2019-6-13
Use props
Mareek
lvl.1

United States

Was support for a6400 added ?
2019-7-11
Use props
Johnathan Williams
New

United States

I have a dji ronin s and looking to get a Sony 6400. Is this a good gimbal for the A6400. I really don’t want to get the get the ronin SC
2019-7-30
Use props
kolboy
lvl.1

Philippines

Its not working for me. i actually saw this forum prior to buying the a6400, i have the Ronin-S Essentials and got the MCC cable from DJI, updated both camera and gimbal but still is getting a message on the camera saying "Check the connected device"
if anyone has a solution to this, it would greatly help!..THANKS IN ADVANCE!
2019-8-6
Use props
Marcelo Fefin
lvl.1

Brazil

Ainda não está funcionando na Sony a6400.
Quando será que vai ter uma atualização?
2019-8-8
Use props
kolboy
lvl.1

Philippines

can i trade in my ronin-s for a ronin sc? so i can have a gimbal that actually works?
2019-8-30
Use props
liljessie
lvl.1
United States

kolboy Posted at 8-6 17:16
Its not working for me. i actually saw this forum prior to buying the a6400, i have the Ronin-S Essentials and got the MCC cable from DJI, updated both camera and gimbal but still is getting a message on the camera saying "Check the connected device"

Check the new compariblity list. Yes the A6400 works with the included B multi cable, no zoom!, but with the mcc 13 cable Zoom works with a piwer zoom lens. Also start/stop recording. I am going to buy a straight one so i can connect my monitor to HDMI. hoping they work together!
2019-10-29
Use props
fans6d578b7c
New

Colombia

kolboy Posted at 2019-8-6 17:16
Its not working for me. i actually saw this forum prior to buying the a6400, i have the Ronin-S Essentials and got the MCC cable from DJI, updated both camera and gimbal but still is getting a message on the camera saying "Check the connected device"

i have de same problem
2020-5-17
Use props
VinkyHambuger
lvl.1
United States

It works. I use a Ronin S with a SonyA6400 and Ronin even mentions this being supported in their most recent Compatibility list. Just make sure you use the right lenses.
2020-5-17
Use props
amthanhtocdo
New

Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-4-21 08:59
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the Sony A6400 is not yet part of our compatibility cameras with our Ronin -S. Therefore, using the MCC multi cable can't be guaranteed the outcome if you could control Start/Stop and other functions. However, we could forward this matter into our related R&D department to possibly check if the Sony A6400 can be compatible in the future with our Ronin-S. Thank you for understanding.

I still can't focus with sony a6400. i'm use ronin s
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules