When random people approach you tell you not to fly?
1776 4 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
himefei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18376 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys

What would you do when some random people approach you and tell you not to fly here?
I have been threatened a few times by some random folks like " I am gonna call the police"
2019-4-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be sure that the area where you are flying is legal and that the flight is legal too then these fools can call who they like as you'll be doing nothing wrong.
2019-4-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

As A J said check whether it is legal to fly at the area
2019-4-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As others have stated - check you're OK to fly there (use CASA's "Can I Fly There?" app). Also, ensure that you're abiding by CASA's flying guidelines - not within 30m of structures, not over a populous area, etc.

I also actually took the time to apply to CASA for an ARN (Aviation Reference Number) which is used when communicating with them. I had intended to go on to be a licenced operator, but in the meantime if I'm ever questioned I can say "I'm registered with CASA".
2019-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the UK and in France, in my experience, there are online interactive site where you can determine which areas are free from flight restrictions for drones. Maybe there's such a site for your country?
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules