OP 4th axis & case's
1647 18 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If your ninja walk is not upto scratch .....   
https://scottymakesstuff.com/collections/osmo-pocket-accessories

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 11.55.11.png
Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 12.00.30.png
2019-4-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The padded case worries me - wouldn't that tend to cause overheating when the Pocket is used with the case attached?
2019-4-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Can cut fingers off if tripped .....
2019-4-21
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-21 04:00
Can cut fingers off if tripped .....

if it was alluminium, then yes ouch ! but I believe these parts are all 3D printed plastic
2019-4-21
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-21 03:19
The padded case worries me - wouldn't that tend to cause overheating when the Pocket is used with the case attached?

yes its something to consider for sure.  especially shooting 4K in a hot environment.
2019-4-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

expensive scrap, good for nothing
2019-4-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

MKosmo Posted at 4-21 04:05
if it was alluminium, then yes ouch ! but I believe these parts are all 3D printed plastic

If your fingers can break the plastic without any harm, the plastic can break itself too.....
2019-4-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-21 03:19

Any air between the case and OP will keep the heat. Direct contact is better, because it acts like a heatsink to dissipate heat.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing these great accessories into our valued DJI customers. Cheers!
2019-4-21
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan Posted at 4-21 04:13
expensive scrap, good for nothing

Just like your comments. Some people have more money to spend than you.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI-FRANK
lvl.2
United States

Here is a good review.

https://www.4kshooters.net/2019/ ... oBkEHkRaUZLXSKtoyVQ

Scotty will be releasing a new version that included the wifi adapter in a month or so.
teaser.jpg
2019-4-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

This is something I've been looking to order but I might wait for the wireless version.  I noticed I get good results using a monopod or a heavier selfie stick and if you grab it where the weight is balanced on both ends of the monopod you get smoother footage with your OP.  It's not perfect but the results are much better compared to just using the OP by itself.  
2019-4-23
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-4-23
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-21 04:19
If your fingers can break the plastic without any harm, the plastic can break itself too.....

There is a significant difference in loads when comparing normal use to a trip/fall event. It would also depend on how you adjust the angle of the handle. In torch mode it would be no more dangerous than a selfie stick. With the case version there could be a greater risk of personal injury but that would depend on how one holds the handle.
The videos appear to show a reasonable improvement in stability without resorting to a goofy ninja walk
2019-4-23
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 4-23 23:23
There is a significant difference in loads when comparing normal use to a trip/fall event. It would also depend on how you adjust the angle of the handle. In torch mode it would be no more dangerous than a selfie stick. With the case version there could be a greater risk of personal injury but that would depend on how one holds the handle.
The videos appear to show a reasonable improvement in stability without resorting to a goofy ninja walk

I dont really believe there is a risk with something like this. There are so many other fringe cases's of where you could get hurt by something.

If you were using something like this every day for work, AND it was made of metal, AND you were running, AND it was rough terrain then yes I'd be wary of using the cased handle version

Otherwise get practising your ninja walk !
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

always good to have options
2019-9-26
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft

Hi all.

After buying this z-axis adapter my walking footage has got very little improvement.

Can someone be able to tell if there is also a software option with FCPX to reduce the effect of the walk?
2019-9-30
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

CC8877 Posted at 9-30 12:21
Hi all.

After buying this z-axis adapter my walking footage has got very little improvement.

I bought one and didn’t find a big improvement ( although there was some ) but I didn’t preserve with it either. Potentially playing with the spring tension or adding some small weight may improve matters. Also trying to walk smoother anyway would only help without relying on the 4th axis alone.

Also be aware of foreground objects which only highlight the walking bounce.

2019-10-1
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft

MKosmo Posted at 10-1 08:07
I bought one and didn’t find a big improvement ( although there was some ) but I didn’t preserve with it either. Potentially playing with the spring tension or adding some small weight may improve matters. Also trying to walk smoother anyway would only help without relying on the 4th axis alone.

Also be aware of foreground objects which only highlight the walking bounce.

Hi thank you so much for your suggestion.

Any fcpx stabilizer setting or third party plugin that can help smoothing the walk? Do you know something that can help using software?
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules