Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Pro
631 8 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cragod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54859 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just picked up a Mavic 2 Pro as a travel companion vs my larger Inspires, which are to large to travel everywhere.  Any advice on traveling with the Mavic?
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need when in terms of carrying your Mavic 2 Pro. You may also consider our Mavic 2 shoulder bag for your travel that has capable of holding one aircraft, one remote controller, four Intelligent Flight Batteries, a smartphone, extra propellers, ND filters, SD cards, and plenty of other accessories. It also serves as a normal travel backpack. You may check the link below. Thank you for your support.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-shoulder-bag
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Congratulations with your new drone and welcome to DJI Forum. First, I would suggest you contact the local authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on the countries that you will be visiting.  Also, I would like to suggest that you search the drone that you are going to, kindly click the link for further info: http://www.dji.com/flysafe You can also check this link: https://store.dji.com/guides/com ... -drone-travel-tips/ I hope this can help. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-4-21
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just store it securely in your carry-on  and don’t mention anything anywhere unless it’s required by law in particular country or asked directly by safety or custom agent. You can store it in checked in luggage but the way they tossing luggage I wouldn’t risk it.
Batteries must travel in carry-on.
I am flying frequently and no one ever asked me to open my bag with drone in it. However I’ve read plenty of stories where TSA agents getting very anal when they hear word drone.
2019-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t have any problems travelling with M2, get plenty of batteries because it’s a real joy to fly .
2019-4-21
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-21 08:25
Just store it securely in your carry-on  and don’t mention anything anywhere unless it’s required by law in particular country or asked directly by safety or custom agent. You can store it in checked in luggage but the way they tossing luggage I wouldn’t risk it.
Batteries must travel in carry-on.
I am flying frequently and no one ever asked me to open my bag with drone in it. However I’ve read plenty of stories where TSA agents getting very anal when they hear word drone.

Oof, thanks for the advice. I have been lucky to never have to worry too much about people asking me about the contents of my drone bag, but thanks for the advice in regards to TSA. I mean, I am part 107 cert'd but I dont think that will help in that situation. In regards to checked bags, I would agree as I would even question the safety of a pelican case with the way loaders toss them in and out.
2019-4-21
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bet you last cent they have no clue what does part 107 means. And I bet you they will toss pelican case as hard as possible just cause well it has better protection
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always travel with it as you never know what you may encounter.
2019-4-21
Use props
DeonduPreez
Flight distance : 277103 ft
United States

I did not have any problem travelling to South Africa and China (mainland) and Hong Kong. The drone, batteries, and remote was all packaged together in my carry-on luggage. I kept the batteries separate from the drone in some battery bags. When you need to put your luggage through the scanner, it is much easier just to display the batteries. In all cases the security did want to look at the batteries, specifically the capacity. I was able to carry-on 4xMavic 2 Pro barriers and 1x Crystalsky battery with no issue,
Also I was surprised that there was no questions asked about the drone, seeing that I am in an airport?! The DJI product, being designed to fit inside the legal system surely give benefit and confidence that it can be trusted by the authorities. Hope this never change.
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules