Phantom 3 Pro shows up as Inspire 1
5855 22 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InstaGator
New

United States

Ive had this problem since I got the drone... it's rediculous. My Phantom 3 Pro shows up as Inspire 1. It wont let me see the camera or anything. When I go to the Phantom 3 Pro it just says "How to connect". Tech support is worthless. It used to work with an Iphone and not an android, now it wont work at all. I've beenon the phone with tech support for hours tryin got fix the problem and I keep getting the run around, "you need to update the firmware" I already did.... "try uninstalling the app and re-installing it"... already did that too. My biggest problem is that it works great when it does work, but if you dont use it every day it seems to lose its conneection and doesnt want to work anymore. Tech support isnt open on weekends when you need them and it takes forever trying to get someone who will actually help me fix it. When I tell tech support what its doing they say "This is the first time I've heard of that happening"... How is that the first time they've heard that happening when there are tons of posts about other people having the exact same problem on thier website? Obviously they dont check their complaints on the forum. I talked to 1 guy that knew how to do it(out of the 10 different people I talked to) and it fixed it, but now I havent used it in a few months and its doesnt work again... DJI really needs to get their stuff together if they want to keep selling these high priced paper weights. I'm about fed up with the problems Ive had with this things and the lack of knowledge the people at DJI have about their own product. Anyone on here have this problem and KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? It used to only work with an iphone and now it wont even work with that.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi InstaGator, my sincere apologies for all the trouble that it caused. This is not the experience we want you to have with us. Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? Can the camera be controlled by the RC? In this kind of scenario, re-installing the app is a good idea. After that, you need to re- link the remote controller to your aircraft and check if that can help. Please take note that, It' is suggested to remove the SD card of the aircraft first before the linking process to ensure the linking will be successful . Also another recommended mobile will be helpful to verify what is the main issue.
Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? Can the camera be controlled by the RC? Please let me know if the problem persists persists, thanks!

Phantom 3 Pro recommended devices.PNG
2019-4-21
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

You are not alone. Mine does the exact same thing. I've tried 2 android phones( an S9 that I see is not on the "list") and now an S7(that is on the "list")...same with both. Camera/AC can be controlled with the RC just can't see what I'm taking pics of! No, it has not been crashed. Guess I'll try the re-link process but I'm not holding a ton of faith in that "cure" What's next if the re-link fails to work? Thanks!!
2019-4-22
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

So now I have tried re-linking, an S9, S7 and S5 phones with Android versions from 9 down to 6. Nothing. This is obviously a software issue that needs to be addressed! Does DJI expect us to just ground these aircraft and buy new? If I buy new it sure won't be DJI...this is not right and there are multiple threads on this site about the same issue.
2019-4-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different USB cable, and try starting the RC with the cable already connected to the mobile device. Cases of DJI Go thinking you have a different AC than you really have are often due to Go on the mobile device not being correctly connected to the RC. If it's connected properly and Go knows about it, it should show the correct AC.
Note- I've worked with many Phantom 4 AC's and every time the DJI-supplied USB cable has been garbage. The first couple times I wasted more time than I'd like to admit figuring this out. Only after switching to a known good cable did things work correctly. May not be the same issue you are dealing with on a P3, but thought I'd offer it up just in case it might help.
2019-4-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Please describe exactly what you do when you start up your system.  Please be very specific.  
2019-4-27
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

I have tried two different cables neither from DJI but both brand new....my S9 uses USB c to micro usb on the RC, the S5 and S7 are micro usb to micro USB. I have tried multiple sequences when starting the system. RC 1st, then AC then plug in device and start app. AC 1st,then RC, then device /app. App 1st then RC,then AC. App 1st, then AC, then RC, etc. I am open to suggestions for sure. Really want to be able to use this thing this summer. Very frustrating. I'm willing to buy another device but at this point there's no guarantee that will even work. Thanks for the input/help!
2019-4-27
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

It should be a STANDARD USB to whichever phone connector has.  The cable must be able to CHARGE and TRANSFER DATA.
Plug the cable into the RC first, then Plug it into the phone.   The should should pop up a quick message that you need to answer YES to.  If it goes away before you answer, start over.

2019-4-27
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

The only connection on the RC besides the charge port is a micro USB.
2019-4-27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Try not having the app running, but mobile device plugged in to RC with RC off. Turn AC on. Turn RC on. App should start automatically, or a popup should appear asking you if you want to use DJI Go for this device. Choose the app (if you run other apps say "Just Once", or if you are only going to use Go, say "Always".
2019-4-27
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

You must be using a P3 Standard.  If that's the case, there's no reason to connect via Cable from my understanding.
You should go into WIFI settings on your phone, and select the P3.  Once Wifi connects, the app should then show the correct screen
and you should then also get video.
the Micro USB on the back of the RC is for updating firmware

If I'm incorrect, please let me know.  Thanks!
2019-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KenDuke Posted at 4-27 16:27
You must be using a P3 Standard.  If that's the case, there's no reason to connect via Cable from my understanding.
You should go into WIFI settings on your phone, and select the P3.  Once Wifi connects, the app should then show the correct screen
and you should then also get video.

I would agree, the P3Pro has a normal USB connection, but the Standard uses WiFi for connection to the RC unit, not a cable.
2019-4-27
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

Wow..you guys are awesome. I did buy this used and it came in a DJI box listed as a  Phantom3 4k. My research showed that the 4k camera was only on the P3 pro.Also showed gold stripes on the AC which mine has. My bad!! Holy cow, it's starting to make sense. So now I see the P3 listed on the wifi stuff on my phone but it's asking for a password which I'm sure was set by the previous owner.Any way to reset the password or restore factory defaults that will allow me to connect via wifi? Thanks to everyone for the help, I apologize for my ignorance with this stuff and I'm sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread.....that wasn't my intention.
2019-4-27
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

Oh holy crap. Just Googled a default password of 12341234 and I'm in on my Samsung S9!! WTH? So what do I exactly have? It has gold stripes and says Phantom 4k on the side but has a wifi controller like a standard? Confused and happy at the same time... Thanks guys!!!!!
2019-4-27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Apologies for muddying the waters regarding USB connections. As I mentioned, my experience is with P4s and enterprise AC's... So I was unaware of the P3 wifi only connection.  Sorry for not helping while educating myself!
2019-4-27
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 4-27 20:15
Apologies for muddying the waters regarding USB connections. As I mentioned, my experience is with P4s and enterprise AC's... So I was unaware of the P3 wifi only connection.  Sorry for not helping while educating myself!

No worries! Still trying to figure out what I have and any help s much appreciated!!!
2019-4-27
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

You either have a Standard, or a 4K.  Both of those are WiFi only.

1.What are the main differences between the Phantom 3 4K and the Phantom 3 models?
Phantom 3 4K features a powerful camera capable of 4K video and Wi-Fi connectivity for the live video feed. (direct from the FAQ page of DJI of the Phantom 3 4K)
2019-4-28
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.2

United States

KenDuke Posted at 4-28 13:12
You either have a Standard, or a 4K.  Both of those are WiFi only.

1.What are the main differences between the Phantom 3 4K and the Phantom 3 models?

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have a 4k. I was under the impression the only way you got the 4k camera was on the advanced/pro P3. Was not aware there was a model in between called the P3 4k .Learning as i go. Got a good deal on this with 3 spare batteries and a spare set of props. Not a scratch on it. Thanks to your help the live feed works now and the AC flies/functions perfectly. Thanks again to all for the help!!
2019-4-28
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Dcuda69 Posted at 4-28 16:44
Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have a 4k. I was under the impression the only way you got the 4k camera was on the advanced/pro P3. Was not aware there was a model in between called the P3 4k .Learning as i go. Got a good deal on this with 3 spare batteries and a spare set of props. Not a scratch on it. Thanks to your help the live feed works now and the AC flies/functions perfectly. Thanks again to all for the help!!

DJI Phantom 3 Series Comparisons and 4K Information;  

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-4k-refurbished-unit?from=pages-refurbished

2019-4-29
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

glad we could shed light on what the problem was and get you up and flying!
2019-4-29
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Phantom 3 4K Specifications, Documents and Manuals;

https://www.dji.com/phantom3-4k

2019-4-29
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Dcuda69 Posted at 2019-4-27 19:38
Oh holy crap. Just Googled a default password of 12341234 and I'm in on my Samsung S9!! WTH? So what do I exactly have? It has gold stripes and says Phantom 4k on the side but has a wifi controller like a standard? Confused and happy at the same time... Thanks guys!!!!!

Gold stripes and controller with USB - Phantom 3 Pro | Silver stripes and controller with USB - Phantom 3 Adv | Red stripes and basic controller - Phantom 3 Sta | Gold stripes and basic controller - Phantom 3 SE | Gold stripes and similar controller to Pro/Adv but no USB - Phantom 3 4K

2022-3-9
Use props
Mr Moreno
New

United States

The same thing happens to me but with my Mavic pro.
I downloaded the dji go 4 to work with my Mavic pro. ( if this is the wrong application please let me know) but when attempting to connect is asking me: " open dji 4 to handle dji inspire 1??? It say ready to go bit is on addi mode. No camera and it never connects. Any ideas?
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules