my new appreciation for forward sensors (video link)
497 5 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I have a new appreciation for the forward sensors in my MP.  I was manually flying around Rabbit Island (Oahu) and lost signal when I flew to the other side of the island.  The MP did exactly what it was supposed to do. Stop, rise to pre-set height and head straight home. Problem is that the route home still didn't clear the top of the island.  So the resulting video is not of pretty Hawaii scenery (although I have those too), it is an appreciation of the drone saving itself when I couldn't.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmeEiheXNMgOgrGzAGqgUXJ7inmm-Tw
2019-4-21
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was RTH at Makapu’u beach?
Thank god they worked!!! I always set RTH height to 100m.
I did Rabbit Island from Waimanalo beach on January 12.  Was my longest flight with mavic zoom at 31000 feet and never lost a signal. I bet flying behind rock wall contributed to it.

2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your amazing flight with us. For a friendly reminder, please be cautious about in the environment while flying as this may cause a connection problem. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-21 12:31
Was RTH at Makapu’u beach?
Thank god they worked!!! I always set RTH height to 100m.
I did Rabbit Island from Waimanalo beach on January 12.  Was my longest flight with mavic zoom at 31000 feet and never lost a signal. I bet flying behind rock wall contributed to it.

My RTH is set for 180' but needed about 40' more.  When I went behind Rabbit Island I lowered the Mavic, totally not thinking I'd lose my 100% signal, but I did. Regardless, auto RTH worked.  I want to go back and re-do some of the flight but the darn trades have been really blowing... they might settle down by this Saturday...By the way, my RTH point was past Makapuu beach, in the parking lot that is furtherest away from that beach (secluded).
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done
2019-4-22
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew mavic zoom from makapuu point parking lot and behind cliffs to get closeups of lighthouse. Also lost the video signal. It restored after I gained some altitude.
Try Waimanalo beach on a sunny day. Yellow sand with green waters and green mountains as back drop. Gorgeous settings.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules