Custom Buttons Setup
1868 6 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YassPro
lvl.1
United States

Hello Forum,

I was until last week a Mavic Pro owner, now I own a Mavic 2 Pro. I already can see a major difference when it comes to video quality, although I haven't been able to test the camera to its full potential yet.

For what I've been able to see, there is one small detail I find missing or not available when it comes to setting up the custom buttons.

On the Mavic Pro it was possible to switch between Shutter and ISO, allowing us during video mode to change the Shutter to a number double of the frames per second used, and then switch to ISO if needed. Now it seems that for me, in order to change the Shutter or ISO I must go to the camera settings.

These are the settings available to be added to the custom C1 and C2 buttons:
- Turn on/off Head LEDs
- Center-Weight Metering
- AE Lock/Unlock
- Advance Camera Settings
- Camera Forward/Down
- Gimbal Follow/FPV Mode
- Toggle Map/Live View
- Battery Info
- Navigation
- Playback
- Center Auto Focus
- Close Tips
Bottom Auxiliary Lighting
Enable Visual Obstacle Avoidance
Not Defined

And these are for the 5D button:
- Camera Forward/Down
- Metering/Focus
- AE Lock/Unlock
- Increase EV
- Decrease EV
- Increase Aperture
- Decrease Aperture

Is anyone aware if there is a better way to access the ISO than having to go to the camera settings or is DJI going to add the Shutter/ISO options to the list?
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check this situation if we could possibly access or modify the value of ISO without accessing the camera settings. No worries, we will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

It won't help with the ISO, but if you set the 5D buttons to Increase EV and Decrease EV, they will control the shutter speed when in Manual exposure mode. However, Litchi does allow you to adjust all these parameters on the fly.
2019-4-21
Use props
YassPro
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 13:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check this situation if we could possibly access or modify the value of ISO without accessing the camera settings. No worries, we will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.

Thank you Tony. Again, this is very helpful when it Manual mode, giving us that easy access to Shutter/ISO from a custom button would mean a lot for those of us who either have to change video frame rates and shutter speed.
2019-4-21
Use props
YassPro
lvl.1
United States

Grumps Posted at 4-21 14:19
It won't help with the ISO, but if you set the 5D buttons to Increase EV and Decrease EV, they will control the shutter speed when in Manual exposure mode. However, Litchi does allow you to adjust all these parameters on the fly.

I'll give this a try (using the 5D button. Thank you for the tip.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

YassPro Posted at 4-21 15:45
Thank you Tony. Again, this is very helpful when it Manual mode, giving us that easy access to Shutter/ISO from a custom button would mean a lot for those of us who either have to change video frame rates and shutter speed.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've verified this concern with our related team. Unfortunately, the ISO can't be adjusted from the gimbal dial, however, the shutter speed can be adjusted. For you to easily access and change the Shutter speed value, you may need to set the camera settings into Shutter priority and choose the Advanced Camera settings on your preferred customizable buttons. After this setup, the shutter speed can be adjusted using the right camera dial. Hope that this information would help you in regards to this query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can also set the camera to shutter priority so you ca use the exposure dial to adjust the shutter in flight but you can't unfortunately switch between shutter/ISO using the dial.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules