Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
problem with unwanted flashing on video and blurred shots
1022 9 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

Hello,

Take a look at my video:  registered by DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

I don`t know why but I see some slight flashing on the video and I don`t know why.
While recording this video I used Cinemacite color profie, AFC settings, ISO 100, Contrast/Saturation/Sharpness -1/-1/-1,
S settings - time preselection 1/100, H.265 video, 4K resolution, 25fps and ND8 filters mounted on video camera.

Please help me, because even when I set manual settings and set ISO to constant (100 value) I see this unwanted flashes.
I postproduction I applied LUT on the video and soft contrast to make the video sharper.

I don`t know why also some of my shots are completely blurred with comparision to other shots from the same flight - maybe it is not seen on this video, but I had such vproblem with another video - some shots of the same flight are sharp and some are blurred.

Is it causes by bad video camera? Or maybe I should turn off AFC? please help me, I cannot figure out wihat causes this problem.

Regards
Marcin from Poland

2019-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Perhaps you could point out where you saw the problems, I could not see anything wrong with that clip.
2019-4-21
Use props
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

I see a little flashing in all video, but take a look at the beginning on my video from 3 seconds (00:03) to 7 seconds (00:07).
It is little and slight flashing which annoys me. I see that you could see this flashing when you enlarge video to max. size of your resolution.
Firstly I thought that it is problem with ND8/CP filter and all time changing ISO, but even when I locked the ISO to 100 value this bad flashing occurrs all the time.
I can add that I mounted ND8/CP filter (this one with polarization, I think I give you a valid name of this filter). It is PolarPro filter.
2019-4-21
Use props
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

I thought that this problem is seen in different monitors and tv-sets, not all the ones. I saw this bad flashing in 3 of 4 devices. I saw it on 4K monitor, 4K 65 inch tv-set and NEC monitor with 2560px resolution.
I didn`t see it on 42 inch 4K tv set.
2019-4-21
Use props
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

Do you know what can cause this issue?
2019-4-22
Use props
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

Probably I know what caused the issue. The problem was in post-production. I had Ignite Auto Contrast video effect added on clips and it gave me unwanted flickering.
Tomorrow I will be sure in 100%, but I feel it is this.
2019-4-23
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the raw footage do it? If not it may be the editing software What are you using?.
2019-4-24
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

Edward J Smith Posted at 4-24 08:07
Does the raw footage do it? If not it may be the editing software What are you using?.

Good point, eliminate that first.
2019-4-24
Use props
fansa528543b
Second Officer

Poland

I confirm that this flickering problem was in post-production. I use Vegas Pro 16 Suite in post-production. I have added Ignite Auto Contrast video effect which gave me this bad flickering. After removing this effect I don`t see any flickering, only in those scenes where I had AUTO ISO turned.
2019-4-24
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa528543b Posted at 4-24 12:20
I confirm that this flickering problem was in post-production. I use Vegas Pro 16 Suite in post-production. I have added Ignite Auto Contrast video effect which gave me this bad flickering. After removing this effect I don`t see any flickering, only in those scenes where I had AUTO ISO turned.

Do you have problems with Vegas Pr0 16 stop  responding?
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules