Flashing LED 1 on TB48 Battery
2990 3 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan Robinson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,

New to the forum, but had by Inspire 1 for a few months which has been great.

I bought it second hand with 6 batteries which have had a fair few charges (some in the 80's but all seem to hold charge well.  I keep meaning to do a proper spreadsheet to keep track of this though.

I did do a search for this fault with limited results, but one of my TB48's refuses to do anything but flash LED 1 (furthest from the power button) at me.  The DJI hub has a flashing green light on it when the battery is connected to that.

I took the unit apart and none of the 12 cells are puffy, so I have taken it upon myself to bypass the PCB and connect it to my Imax B6 charger at 0.2 amps.  It is charging at 23v, (disconnected the battery now shows 22.9v).  Before I started doing this there were only 2 or 3 volts on the battery terminals though so that concerned me....  I have the battery sitting in a metal sink on a baking tray just in case it gets a bit explodey.

I am a little concerned that I haven't got the balance ports connected (I have PM'd the member here that was making them up) but I can't find anything that actually states what this fault condition is - all I can assume is it is a chronically low cell voltage or something similar?

I was pondering using the PCB and circuitry to make my own replacement battery, but they sure did pack those cells into that carrier didn't they?

All help gratefully received.

P.S.  Anyone in the UK know how to find safe and 'legal' places to explore?  I had a right uppidty cow have a go at me this evening despite my checking the Drone Assist app, distances from buildings and ensuring I was taking off from a public right of way.  She was a twichter and was getting arsy about the local bird life.  Without actually thinking to ask where I was planning of flying (which was in totally the opposite direction to where she was going on account of a no-fly zone).  When she came back she started rattling off the long list of birds she had seen in the last 20 minutes thinking it would impress upon me the fragility of the local habitat, I politely mentioned that I had obviously not disturbed any wildlife and that perhaps she should engage other hobbyists positively before going off on arrogant rants.  I was actually there to try and get some nice shots of the sunset over some pine woods.

Hey ho.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

2019-4-21
Use props
Dan Robinson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Little Update - managed to power the battery up in the Inspire - batery reports:
2019-4-22
Use props
Dan Robinson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Little Update - managed to power the battery up in the Inspire - Reports critically low battery.  Cell voltages come in at 4.19 4.23 4.22 4.24 4.19 4.24
Capacity 3905

Charges 81

At what capacity point do the batteries give up?  I have a TB47 reporting only 2767 left, but it still flies.  Guess I'll have to be extra cautious with this one?

Another TB47 is 3382 and a TB48 is at 4848.

My other TB48's are 5188 and 5169.

These are expensive puppies to replace.
2019-4-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I realize this is old......but an OLD battery can be messed with,  but it can't be made new again.

I had a perfectly good battery ( or so I thought ) fail in flight and cost me the aircraft.........it's 1 battery........ discharge safely,  throw in a bucket of salt water for a week, then throw it away.

Randy
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules