Gimble wheel on remote not working
2048 8 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
h_brand2000
lvl.1
United States

My gimble is not responding when you use the wheel on the remote.  I can adjust it on my phone but nothing with the remote.  Ive tried recalibrating the remote, checked the gimble speed setting, refreshed firmware update , and restored factory settings.   Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?

2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what happened during the RC calibration? Have you tried to re-link the RC into the aircraft to see if that would work? Have you tried to do the gimbal auto calibration? Did you manage to test the drone at low altitude to see if there's a movement on gimbal of your aircraft? Would it be possible if you could verify to us that your Mavic Air is firmware updated? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Claim made phone can control. Means aircraft obeys. Means aircraft can control sweep. Doesn't mean aircraft's interpret from rc radiated commands, if radiated at all, is ok. Could be aircraft unable to interpret rc's radiated command owing to soft corrupt possibly. Or could be rc ain't radiating sweep command at all owing to fault electronic in rc. Or rc soft possibly corrupt. Corrupt soft already proven not corrupt based upon soft rewrites reboots acknowledge success.
How did it not act this way prior to discovery?
2019-4-21
Use props
h_brand2000
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 16:02
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what happened during the RC calibration? Have you tried to re-link the RC into the aircraft to see if that would work? Have you tried to do the gimbal auto calibration? Did you manage to test the drone at low altitude to see if there's a movement on gimbal of your aircraft? Would it be possible if you could verify to us that your Mavic Air is firmware updated? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.

i Have re-linked the rc and also did the auto calibration.  the gimble does move and is able to be controlled from the phone screen but no the rc wheel.  The firmware is updated.
2019-4-21
Use props
h_brand2000
lvl.1
United States

cutis Posted at 4-21 16:13
Claim made phone can control. Means aircraft obeys. Means aircraft can control sweep. Doesn't mean aircraft's interpret from rc radiated commands, if radiated at all, is ok. Could be aircraft unable to interpret rc's radiated command owing to soft corrupt possibly. Or could be rc ain't radiating sweep command at all owing to fault electronic in rc. Or rc soft possibly corrupt. Corrupt soft already proven not corrupt based upon soft rewrites reboots acknowledge success.
How did it not act this way prior to discovery?

I've had the drone for 2 weeks and have flown it 5 or 6 times.  Everything worked as it should until  yesterday when I discovered the remote would not move the gimble with the wheel anymore.  
2019-4-21
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

h_brand2000 Posted at 4-21 17:12
I've had the drone for 2 weeks and have flown it 5 or 6 times.  Everything worked as it should until  yesterday when I discovered the remote would not move the gimble with the wheel anymore.

Ahah! It WAS fine with rc command.
good question is do you recall potential causation(s) triggering it? If nothing out of ordinary could have affected rc command, could it be deleterious environmental conditions subjected onto devices involved? Electronics have convenient take apart junctions making ease replacing boards and appurtenances umbilicaled to boards. Such junctions are atmospherically exposed and due to water vapor plus contaminants they dont conduct well anymore.
Support normally reseats such wiring quick disconnects which miraculously rescrapes good conduction again. Nobody knows your stowage and flying environment. If youre in a dry clean air environment then more likely mechanical wheel fault else doomed electronic fault (its predicted some will fault but not too many). Interestingly, i really am curious how the wheel imparts variation of command electronically. Could be a slit wheel counted by light gate sensor, hall effect fet graduated taper, but not a carbon track po
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

h_brand2000 Posted at 4-21 17:08
i Have re-linked the rc and also did the auto calibration.  the gimble does move and is able to be controlled from the phone screen but no the rc wheel.  The firmware is updated.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you could provide us a video showing this particular problem for a further check? You may upload the video using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your cooperation.
2019-4-22
Use props
hbrand2000
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 16:34
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you could provide us a video showing this particular problem for a further check? You may upload the video using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your cooperation.

I have already mailed it in to be repaired.  Thanks
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hbrand2000 Posted at 4-23 15:38
I have already mailed it in to be repaired.  Thanks

Hi, we're sorry to know that you've ended up sending the drone into our repair facility, however, if the troubleshooting steps are exhausted then sending the drone would be the best option for our team to check the drone further. Please let us know if you need further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules