1766 13 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Earlier I posted a teaser photo. Now for a video with noise comparisons.  At the end of the video there is a number of full power tests.  No warning messages using these props.

Also have a look at this post where I fly the Mavic Air on a river cruise through Germany.
Cruise through Germany
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hummingbird. Thank you for sharing this interesting video you have made and thank you for your support.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I may buy the Mavic Air again when DJI produce official props that halve the noise level. It was the biggest detractor for me. In the words of Philip Bloom himself - "The Mavic Air makes a horrible noise and just attracts attention so much! If only I could put a pillow on it as I hate the noise it makes"...
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think the tests are truly a great job, but there is a serious misconception going on here, nobody has run down the street after me telling me my Mavic Air props are very loud.

In fact what is very clear from those I’ve talked to and run some tests with Mavic Air P4Pro Mavic Pro orignal props and M2, and without a shadow of a doubt almost everyone was in full agreement that all my drones were loud and they would not want any of them flying around them for any length of time, and I believe if we want to know the effects of noise on the general public, we should listen to them and understand that there is no drone out there that is in anyway pleasing to them.

I do however believe there is some sort of placebo effect for drone users who-can appreciate the Subtle difference and we believe that people will be less put out by a Mavic 2than a MavAir, so we can relax and not feel so embarrassed, I do believe there will be a conscious effort in the coming years to concentrate of lower noise drones, and this will help.

Incidentally one of those who volunteered to test sound made a very good point, drone is not a nice word droning on such a drone don’t keep droning on, none of it is nice for anyone and that’s our starting point.
Just to let you know where each drone came in loudest first 5 people surveyed

1/ P4Pro normal props
2/ Mavic Air
3/ M2 low noise props (surprising)
4/ Mavic Pro normal props

So I don’t think users should be the ones who tell others how quiet their drone is, because it’s not .
2019-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2019-4-22
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

A J Posted at 4-22 08:39
I may buy the Mavic Air again when DJI produce official props that halve the noise level. It was the biggest detractor for me. In the words of Philip Bloom himself - "The Mavic Air makes a horrible noise and just attracts attention so much! If only I could put a pillow on it as I hate the noise it makes"...

Right.  Interestingly the props I made test in at -6dB.  That equals half the noise level of the original DJI props.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 4-22 13:57
Right.  Interestingly the props I made test in at -6dB.  That equals half the noise level of the original DJI props.

So it can be done! Good for you!
2019-4-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-23
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

great job, DJI should buy your project and put it into production
2019-7-15
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-15 05:07
great job, DJI should buy your project and put it into production

I'd really like if they did that too.
2019-7-15
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 7-15 09:42
I'd really like if they did that too.

fingers crossed, almost every MA pilot complains about noisy props so there's a market for them. I've just received my Master Airscrew 'stealth' props, didn't test them yet but in comparison to the original DJI ones they're looks very cheap and fragile
2019-7-15
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-15 23:30
fingers crossed, almost every MA pilot complains about noisy props so there's a market for them. I've just received my Master Airscrew 'stealth' props, didn't test them yet but in comparison to the original DJI ones they're looks very cheap and fragile

I have tested the Master Airscrew props too.  They were quieter but my design was even quieter than these.
2019-7-16
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 7-16 06:25
I have tested the Master Airscrew props too.  They were quieter but my design was even quieter than these.

yeah, I did watch your video, yours are amazingly quiet   
2019-7-16
Use props
dji_OlivierG34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464072 ft

It would be interesting to add some tests in strong wind e.g.
But thanks for sharing this !
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules