Assistant 2 software and Windows 10 (solved)
3525 13 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I know, this issue is all over the forum, but for Phantom 4 Pro users apparently still not solved. The Assistant 2 software is blocked by Windows 10, can't open it, can't re-install ... Need to calibrate vision system, the app is demanding it ...
EDIT: version 2.0.6 won't install, 2.0.7 does. It's on P4P V2 page to download, I hope it works with original P4P+ ...

block.PNG
2019-4-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Matt,

Did you try to download DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom v2.0.7 (2019-03-15).  The latest Windows 10 update made all the DJI Assistant 2 software something like a virus.  It has all been repaired.  The v2.0.7 now works (or should work).  I had to uninstall all my other ones.

Good to see you getting ready for some great PANOs and video.  I am looking forward to it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 4-21 22:19
Aloha Matt,

Did you try to download DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom v2.0.7 (2019-03-15).  The latest Windows 10 update made all the DJI Assistant 2 software something like a virus.  It has all been repaired.  The v2.0.7 now works (or should work).  I had to uninstall all my other ones.

Good to hear from you, Brother Cetacean ... Yes, ver 2.0.7 installs, but it's for Phantom 4 Pro ver.2, isn't? Would it work with original P4P+ I owe?

Cheers.
2019-4-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-21 22:57
Good to hear from you, Brother Cetacean ... Yes, ver 2.0.7 installs, but it's for Phantom 4 Pro ver.2, isn't? Would it work with original P4P+ I owe?

Cheers.

Aloha Matt,

The P4 Pro Version 1 web page has Assistant 2 v2.0.7.  This may or may not be different from the v2.0.7 on the P4 Pro V2 web page.  I downloaded mine from the P4 Pro Version 1 web page to play it safe.  Both pages are for the normal and plus versions, at least they have documents for both types.

Hopefully, this will get you up and running!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I also had to do an un-install run a new download from the DJI site.  Now it works again !
Thanks for the heads up
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the update and for this wonderful information. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 4-22 00:49
Aloha Matt,

The P4 Pro Version 1 web page has Assistant 2 v2.0.7.  This may or may not be different from the v2.0.7 on the P4 Pro V2 web page.  I downloaded mine from the P4 Pro Version 1 web page to play it safe.  Both pages are for the normal and plus versions, at least they have documents for both types.

Dear Cetacean, you must be in another, parallel Universe than ... I'm staring at DJI Phantom 4 Pro download page (after receiving 2 warnings that this model is discontinued, followed by warm invitations to purchase Mavic 2 Pro instead) ... There's only Assistant 2 ver. 2.0.6 (2018-10-28) for download, and this file doesn't install on Windows 10. Only 2.0.7 from P4P V2 download page does.

Anyway, I did the calibration successfully on my Mac yesterday, although Apple didn't liked this software as well. Had to force the system to accept it. Thankfully DJI Stephen learned something new today   ...
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 12:34
Dear Cetacean, you must be in another, parallel Universe than ... I'm staring at DJI Phantom 4 Pro download page (after receiving 2 warnings that this model is discontinued, followed by warm invitations to purchase Mavic 2 Pro instead) ... There's only Assistant 2 ver. 2.0.6 (2018-10-28) for download, and this file doesn't install on Windows 10. Only 2.0.7 from P4P V2 download page does.

Anyway, I did the calibration successfully on my Mac yesterday, although Apple didn't liked this software as well. Had to force the system to accept it. Thankfully DJI Stephen learned something new today   ...

Aloha Matt,

Yes, I live in the PC Universe!   I totally forgot about the Apple Universe.  Mahalo for the reminder.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 12:34
Dear Cetacean, you must be in another, parallel Universe than ... I'm staring at DJI Phantom 4 Pro download page (after receiving 2 warnings that this model is discontinued, followed by warm invitations to purchase Mavic 2 Pro instead) ... There's only Assistant 2 ver. 2.0.6 (2018-10-28) for download, and this file doesn't install on Windows 10. Only 2.0.7 from P4P V2 download page does.

Anyway, I did the calibration successfully on my Mac yesterday, although Apple didn't liked this software as well. Had to force the system to accept it. Thankfully DJI Stephen learned something new today   ...

Aloha Matt,

I just checked my v2.0.7 of DJI Assistant 2 and it is working on my PC.  It was downloaded from the P4 Pro - V1 page a while back.  Am I still out in space?  

Good to sees you got it working anyway.  BTW, calibrating the Vision System does not qualify as one of my favorite things!  Probably true no matter what machine you are on.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 4-22 15:27
Aloha Matt,

I just checked my v2.0.7 of DJI Assistant 2 and it is working on my PC.  It was downloaded from the P4 Pro - V1 page a while back.  Am I still out in space?  

All is good, Brother Cetacean. Version 2.0.7 works on W10, 2.0.6 doesn't. The only thing is that 2.0.6 is still available for download from P4P page, while workable 2.0.7 is on P4P v2 page ... At least in my Universe ...
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 15:33
All is good, Brother Cetacean. Version 2.0.7 works on W10, 2.0.6 doesn't. The only thing is that 2.0.6 is still available for download from P4P page, while workable 2.0.7 is on P4P v2 page ... At least in my Universe ...

Aloha Matt,

There is an Assistant 2 v2.0.7 on the P4 Pro V2 downloads page, but there is also one on the P4 Pro page.  Here is a screen shot;

This is the one I installed on my PC.  (There is even a ZIP option.)

I usually play it safe and use the version on the page of the specific product.  Each version has the updates specific for the product and since the P4 Pro and P4 Pro V2 have such different transmission systems, I worry that the P4 Pro V2 update will not have the full benefit for my P4 Pro.  In your case, the Vision System for the two are the same.

This one here worked just fine.  The only time I did not follow that "rule" was when v1.2.5 came out after the Windows 10 update messed up the previous ones.  Fortunately, I only had to test if it could be opened or installed and did not really have any problems at that time.  I was just trying to help out the others on the Forum that did not know that v1.2.5 solved the Win 10 problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 15:33
All is good, Brother Cetacean. Version 2.0.7 works on W10, 2.0.6 doesn't. The only thing is that 2.0.6 is still available for download from P4P page, while workable 2.0.7 is on P4P v2 page ... At least in my Universe ...

Aloha Matt,

After the last post, I looked to see if I still had v1.2.5 on my computer.  Right above it is the v2.0.7.4 Assistant 2.  Check yours and see if yours is v2.0.7.4 or is the last number different from "4".

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 4-22 16:35
Aloha Matt,

After the last post, I looked to see if I still had v1.2.5 on my computer.  Right above it is the v2.0.7.4 Assistant 2.  Check yours and see if yours is v2.0.7.4 or is the last number different from "4".

Ha ha, another proof that you're living in parallel Universe! Fascinating! Screenshots from my PC:
p4p_download page.PNG
p4p v2_download page.PNG
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 19:25
Ha ha, another proof that you're living in parallel Universe! Fascinating! Screenshots from my PC:

Aloha Matt,

OK, where is my tin hat!  Mahalo for posting the screen shots.  This is strange.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules