Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Course Locking
1662 17 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Castyn
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

As the Mavic 2 has been out for quite a while now I was surprised to not see a course lock mode under flight modes like I do for my phantom 4 and mavic pro.  This is probably one of the most used shots I have as it allows for multi axis shots more easily.  Am I missing something?  I am not referring to the hyperlapse stuff, purely being able to lock a direction and the drone will stay on that zipline while you are able to rotate the drone and gimbal without changing course.
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How come the aircraft 3x cheaper has course lock? : (
2019-4-21
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You can use Tap Fly which is basicly the same.
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 4-21 23:44

It's not because when you want to curve around an object you can't.  The strafing only allows like 1.0 m/s.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 4-21 23:44

Agreed - tap fly free is the same as course lock
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I still see it mentioned in the manual so maybe it’s still in our future, I have to say by and large M2 is a very reliable craft, I hope dji always think twice before adding anything to the craft, so I don’t mind waiting .
2019-4-22
Use props
Grumps
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

Litchi has had course lock and home lock since their first release supporting the Mavic 2 series. Unlike Go4's specialized flight modes, all of Litchi's flight modes work at elevations below the home point. A big plus for those of us who live in the mountains.
2019-4-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI we are still waiting for course lock, Tap fly is not the same ! With Tap fly if you rotate the Drone the Drone will move of a straight line, Course lock keeps the Drone following a straight line, you can turn the Drone and it still continues on the locked course.

2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 4-22 09:29
DJI we are still waiting for course lock, Tap fly is not the same ! With Tap fly if you rotate the Drone the Drone will move of a straight line, Course lock keeps the Drone following a straight line, you can turn the Drone and it still continues on the locked course.

Tap fly FREE maintains a straight path whilst the yaw axis is in motion - exactly the same result as course lock.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Castyn. Thank you for the inquiry and for the information you have shared with us. Let me please forward this thread and follow this matter up to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic 2 series. Please feel free visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-22 09:44
Tap fly FREE maintains a straight path whilst the yaw axis is in motion - exactly the same result as course lock.

The last time, albeit some months ago, when I used Tap Fly the drone moved in the direction of where I tapped on the screen, however if I turned the drone, which turned the camera the drone flew in the new direction, not like course.

I will try it next time, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 4-22 11:42
The last time, albeit some months ago, when I used Tap Fly the drone moved in the direction of where I tapped on the screen, however if I turned the drone, which turned the camera the drone flew in the new direction, not like course.

I will try it next time, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

There are three dffierent options
Forward
Backward
Free

The Free option enables you to rotate the drone whilst it remains on it's forward course. Essentially giving you the same dynamic as course lock only you have more control over the speed setting and can also turn the drone depending on where you tap. I used course lock on my Phantom 3 in 2016 - it's old tech.
2019-4-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just checked the manual and I stand corrected, can't wait to try it. I think I missed the "Free" mode. Thanks for pointing it out.
2019-4-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just checked the manual and I stand corrected, can't wait to try it. I think I missed the "Free" mode. Thanks for pointing it out.

The old course lock you needed to keep the stick forward, Tap fly free, means I wont need to hold the stick forward and can concentrate on turning the drone (camera) towards the subject.

2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 4-22 11:50

No probs - this is only on your M2P - you'll have to use CL on the original MP
2019-4-22
Use props
djiuser_ZSqygDKC11i6
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi, I own a Mavic Pro 2 and when I'm shooting Hyperlapse it doesn't save the video anywhere. The settings are to save in the internal memory and I've just cleared it - so I know I have enough space. Where can I find my videos? Shouldn't it be storage with all my other videos in my Galaxy Photo Gallery? Or does it go to a specific location?
Thank you!
2019-4-27
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Captain
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

I fly course lock manually with my spark, just learn to use the control sticks.
2019-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 4-27 12:19
I fly course lock manually with my spark, just learn to use the control sticks.

One thing people like to do with course lock is fly a path whilst being able to move the camera, which is a bit tricky to do with only two hands.
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules