Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Your flight and distance have been limited
1560 17 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3KoYoT
Captain
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

I was happy for a while, when I received AC with replaced shell by service until I have tried to fly.
Each time I have tried to further than 50m or higher than 30m I lost  connection totaly.
What happen?
Before I sent it to seller for shell replacement everything was okay except cracks on the shell, when it back it doesn't.

Look at the warnings

Any ideas ??
Screenshot_2019-04-19-21-00-51-978_dji.pilot.png
Screenshot_2019-04-19-21-01-50-234_dji.pilot.png
Screenshot_2019-04-19-21-03-28-240_dji.pilot.png
Screenshot_2019-04-19-21-00-51-978_dji.pilot.png
2019-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try these things: Take it outside to start it up, so it can see the GPS satellites, it cannot see any indoors.
Switch off the distance limit as shown on the third page. While in range of your home WiFi, log in to DJI and do not log out.
2019-4-21
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

Geebax - Thanks.
I was outside, the signal of GPS was good, A/C status indicator was green, P-GPS mode, home point recorded. After take-off when I reached 50m - A/C status indicator became red with information Signal Lost, then apears warning "your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30m and 50m, respectivly. Please try after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range" and my aircraft starts RTH procedure. I have repeat restart few times - without result. I have notice one more thing - when I  tap on A/C status when I hover just 10m away from me, the radio chanel quality switch from good to poor, when poor apear another warning about strong interference shows too.  check link to video
For me it is very strange I have flown in this place many times. Here there is from this place from last year
I have never any interference nor problems with range - until I get back my dron from shell replacement.
I hope none of the anttenas were damaged during servis work.

DJI- any clues?
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day P3KoYoT. I am sorry for the trouble and for reaching out. May I ask if the firmware of the drone is updated and what is the firmware version please? Can you please try a different location to isolate the issue and check if the problem persists. In addition please try to remove any interference like WiFi devices or stay away from interference. I will also provide you an official DJI tutorial video on reference for proper orientation of antenna. Finally please back-up files and make sure that DJI GO app is updated. Please keep us updated on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

P3KoYoT Posted at 4-22 05:59
Geebax - Thanks.
I was outside, the signal of GPS was good, A/C status indicator was green, P-GPS mode, home point recorded. After take-off when I reached 50m - A/C status indicator became red with information Signal Lost, then apears warning "your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30m and 50m, respectivly. Please try after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range" and my aircraft starts RTH procedure. I have repeat restart few times - without result. I have notice one more thing - when I  tap on A/C status when I hover just 10m away from me, the radio chanel quality switch from good to poor, when poor apear another warning about strong interference shows too.  check link to video
For me it is very strange I have flown in this place many times. Here there is footage from this place from last year

Have you switched off the distance limit as I suggested? Also, the shot showing the poor signal quality looks like it may have been indoors. Go outside and get away from any possible WiFi interference.
2019-4-22
Use props
ninjagaiden2110
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I believe you will stay restricted until you go on line and re-register with your DJI account. If your app doesn't allows you to do this, might be worth deleting and reinstalling.
2019-4-22
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 12:43
Hello and good day P3KoYoT. I am sorry for the trouble and for reaching out. May I ask if the firmware of the drone is updated and what is the firmware version please? Can you please try a different location to isolate the issue and check if the problem persists. In addition please try to remove any interference like WiFi devices or stay away from interference. I will also provide you an official DJI tutorial video on reference for proper orientation of antenna. Finally please back-up files and make sure that DJI GO app is updated. Please keep us updated on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hi DJI Stephen and thanks for reply.
A/C firmware ver: 01.09.0200, app ver. 3.1.52, op sys. Android 7.1.2.
Application has been deleted and reinstalled again, before I start to fly I have been logged into my DJI account. AC status indicator was green before start. I will try to test it again in other place where I visit often for traing flights. I will keep you informed.

2019-4-23
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

ninjagaiden2110 Posted at 4-22 13:47
I believe you will stay restricted until you go on line and re-register with your DJI account. If your app doesn't allows you to do this, might be worth deleting and reinstalling.

ninjagaiden2110 what do you mean re-register? Logging in is not enough ?
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

P3KoYoT Posted at 4-23 00:11
Hi DJI Stephen and thanks for reply.
A/C firmware ver: 01.09.0200, app ver. 3.1.52, op sys. Android 7.1.2.
Application has been deleted and reinstalled again, before I start to fly I have been logged into my DJI account. AC status indicator was green before start. I will try to test it again in other place where I visit often for traing flights. I will keep you informed.

Thank you for the additional information you have given P3KoYoT. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2019-4-23
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

No good news - problem still exist, even worst due to distance is not limited but randomly lost signal, once on 30,80m,200m. I have no more ideas what I can do except return it back to the seller.
Open field no any WiFi network in range, never in this place before CRACKED SHELL REPLACEMENT had problem with range of 500m

Screenshot_2019-04-25-20-12-02-938_dji.pilot.png
Screenshot_2019-04-25-20-14-08-414_dji.pilot.png
2019-4-25
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

Situation update:
The seller confirm that A/C need to be sent once again to the Netherlands servis
2019-5-17
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

What I find interesting is its range is limited AFTER servicing.  And not at some random distance but very precise 30M/50M.  And, the AC reports the limitation - clearly indicating it is a monitored internal function.  Again, check your flight distance settings; otherwise, something was set internally by the place that did the repair.  Good luck.
2019-5-17
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

NM_Quad Posted at 5-17 12:58
What I find interesting is its range is limited AFTER servicing.  And not at some random distance but very precise 30M/50M.  And, the AC reports the limitation - clearly indicating it is a monitored internal function.  Again, check your flight distance settings; otherwise, something was set internally by the place that did the repair.  Good luck.

Hi NM_Quad as I wrote above. It is not limitation like after update of visit in the servis. My A/C now got random range. During same flight I got 30m, 80m,240m,290m and again 180m. Strange thing is that when I fly stright and controller sticks are on same position my A/C stopping saing signal lost and then fly further.  Before I sent it for shell replacement due to crack under engine mounts I was able in the same location fly up to 500m as per spec. In my humble opinion maybe one of anttenas got problem with connection. There is no other resonable explanation. Thanks for your comment.
2019-5-18
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

P3KoYoT Posted at 5-18 08:33
Hi NM_Quad as I wrote above. It is not limitation like after update of visit in the servis. My A/C now got random range. During same flight I got 30m, 80m,240m,290m and again 180m. Strange thing is that when I fly stright and controller sticks are on same position my A/C stopping saing signal lost and then fly further.  Before I sent it for shell replacement due to crack under engine mounts I was able in the same location fly up to 500m as per spec. In my humble opinion maybe one of anttenas got problem with connection. There is no other resonable explanation. Thanks for your comment.

I stand corrected.  I was under the impression it failed at exactly 50M on all flights.  Since you are getting varied limited ranges, flight to flight, I agree with your assessment of possible antenna problem.  Opening up the RC is fairly easy for checking the internal antennas, cabling and connections for anything that doesn't look quite right.  At 2.4 and 5.8 GHz, it doesn't take much of a poor connection to loose a significant portion of the signal. Good luck.
2019-5-18
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How was the controler antenna adjused ?  If the distance short and the altitude high then set the antenna parallel to the ground and if the distance should be far then set antenna parallel to the AC´s landing legs.
Make sure that the WIFI patch antennas are not covered through any mobile device (image transmission and telemetry.
2019-5-19
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

Peterx Posted at 5-19 00:11
How was the controler antenna adjused ?  If the distance short and the altitude high then set the antenna parallel to the ground and if the distance should be far then set antenna parallel to the AC´s landing legs.
Make sure that the WIFI patch antennas are not covered through any mobile device (image transmission and telemetry.

Thanks for the comment, but that is not an issue of antenna settings. I know how to operate my drone, all was good almost thru 1.5 year. After getting back from servis I could not trust to the A/C it lose range randomly. Sometimes only for a second and then fly further, but in the end I got warning SIGNAL LOST, and A/C starts RTH procedure. I'm lucky because it always back to me. So I sent it again to the servis we will see where is the problem after.... I think a month or more
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_bmPFYGSdlVBz
New

United Kingdom

If you get your phantom fixed, can you please let me know what the problem was, although i did not send mine away to be repaired, i had used it quite regular, then took it out and the range was really poor kept saying connection lost, rth and it would come back. It's really annoying. I've tried rebooting, resetting, deleting the dji go and re installing, nothing works.
2019-5-20
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Poland

djiuser_bmPFYGSdlVBz Posted at 5-20 09:52
If you get your phantom fixed, can you please let me know what the problem was, although i did not send mine away to be repaired, i had used it quite regular, then took it out and the range was really poor kept saying connection lost, rth and it would come back. It's really annoying. I've tried rebooting, resetting, deleting the dji go and re installing, nothing works.

I'm sorry to hear that you also got problems with DJI PH3 Standard.
Do you get also like mine random range? or it is strictly limited with particular distance ie. 50m?

2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules