753 4 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello friends,

This happened with me thrice: Whenever i fly over some waterbody like river or sea or waterfalls; and sometimes when i hover the MA over 3 or 4 fts above water; for some unknown reason the drone starts descending down towards water as if its attracted towards water. And trust me at that moment i didnt even touch the remote joystick but still the MA starts descending down to take a dunk in water luckily, everytime i notice this behavior, i immediately fly it upwards and save my drone.
This strange behavior always (mostly) happens over the water. Never encountered on land or any other area. Anyone else faced this issue or iam the only one?

And one more point is no, i am not flying the drone downwards so that it might assume it to be landing instructions. so thats not the case.
I simply hover and this happens.

Aircraft, app, remote and battery - all are running with latest firmwares.

What do you guys think about this?
2019-4-21
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I believe the general advice for flying low over water and by low I mean within range of the down sensors, is to turn those sensors off. At 3 feet above any surface does not the Air think its going to land.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The reflective surface of the water &/or the clarity of the water will cause abnormal behaviour with the VPS. It even advises this in the manual. If flying low over water then turn off the VPS, maintain VLOS and ensure you have a very strong GPS connection.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TechVoyager. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. It is not recommended to fly the aircraft close to the water. When flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. Thank you.

2019-4-22
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Thanks for all the responses guys... Its a pleasure being part of this forum and having friends like you to help and support with your immense knowledge and experience. I got my answer.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules