Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Geo-fencing against country laws.
1680 6 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Good Morning,

I was forced to do a firmware update thin morning that also udpating the geofencing.

I now can not fly my Mavic 2 where i am required to do so.

First of all i am aware of the unlocking system - thats fine - I use that system when i need to for areas that are actually restricted however..

I use my Mavic 2 in Millicent, South Australia.

There is a UNMANNED airport @-37.5815069,140.3646253,15.33

as per CASA (our Australia Air authority - the laws we are required to fly at) drone weighing more then 100Grams are PERMITTED to fly at ANY TIME during the day whilst the airport is not in use (its never used). We are only requried to land if we become aware of a manned aircraft with in the airspace.

however the new Geofenceing have made this area of the flightpath a "restricted" zone - requiring a unlock application each time you want to use it.

This areport SHOULD be a warning zone as per CASA laws NOT a restricted zone.

Please correct asap.

Kind Regards.
2019-4-21
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

This does raise an interesting question as to how we challenge the DJI Geo Fencing setup if we find a genuine error. Lets face it, no one else will find these only drone pilots.
There should be a process by which a correction could be submitted.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Renames, we are so sorry to hear that the flying zone becomes restricted zone after the update, the GEO system is based on data provided by the dealer. If there is any problem between your local regulations and our GEO system, please kindly send email to flysafe@dji.com with the evidence, the Fly Safe Team will verify and make it clear, thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ken Storm Posted at 4-22 00:54
This does raise an interesting question as to how we challenge the DJI Geo Fencing setup if we find a genuine error. Lets face it, no one else will find these only drone pilots.

Report to flysafe, I have been doing this for awhile and have seen many changes, the dji NFZ system has improved greatly over the last two years .
2019-4-22
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

It's good to know that we can report errors. and get them corrected.
2019-4-22
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Thank you all,
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ken Storm Posted at 4-22 00:54
This does raise an interesting question as to how we challenge the DJI Geo Fencing setup if we find a genuine error. Lets face it, no one else will find these only drone pilots.

Hi Ken, the GEO system is based on data provided by the dealer. If there is any problem with it, please kindly send email to flysafe@dji.com with the evidence, the Fly Safe Team will verify and make it clear, thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules