Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is the Activation option?
2459 11 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I tried to activate my Mavic Pro the other day, but think I entered the code wrong... (doh! lol). Yesterday I got a 150m height restriction! Couldn't find the activation option again.

All the video's / tutorials i've looked at just talk about the first time using my mavic, which it isn't.

So wondering where in the menu is the activation process?

Thanks.
Gary / MrDragonfyr
2019-4-22
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling, see if that works... will update shortly
2019-4-22
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope, that didn't work. Still require help
2019-4-22
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do not know if this would help, but it won't hurt,  connect it to your PC with the Assistant 2 program and do a factory reset.
2019-4-22
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 4-22 05:48
Do not know if this would help, but it won't hurt,  connect it to your PC with the Assistant 2 program and do a factory reset.

Arghhh a factory reset? Surely there has to be an easier way, like, a menu option? lol
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When referring to 'activating the drone' this occurs when you buy a brand new drone and after switching it on for the first time the app assigns the drone to your DJI account by following a preset activation process which you need to complete to initiate the 12-month warranty. This only happens once after the first time it is turned on by the first owner and is not an option to turn on/off in the app. Once activated, the drone will not be able to be reactivated by a new owner but may be flown by the new owner using his/her own DJI account and device. The warranty expires one-year from the date of the activation.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. If the Mavic Pro is brand new, the first time you connects your DJI GO 4 app on the aircraft, the application would automatically prompt for the Activation. May we know what code are you referring for further assistance? You may refer to the video tutorial for the activation of the Mavic Pro. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-4-22
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh ok, sorry for the confusion, guys.

I am referring to the flight restriction part. I received a text message from 'TAOVIP' with the exact following (minus the code)... '[DJI]Verification PIN: XXXXXX'

But when i added it in the DJI app, it said the code was wrong, and then vanished / or I closed it. (I was on top of a big hill, looking down into a valley, so I didn't need to go much higher anyway).

But as I say, when I flew, it said I had a 150m height restriction.

This help? Hope it does.
EDIT: I do not require help with the initial setup of my Mavic Pro. I'm not a new flyer. I've flown drones for a few years.

Thanks
2019-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Dragonfyr Posted at 4-22 11:20
Ahh ok, sorry for the confusion, guys.

I am referring to the flight restriction part. I received a text message from 'TAOVIP' with the exact following (minus the code)... '[DJI]Verification PIN: XXXXXX'

Have you tried to change the max height in settings?  You have to explicitly agree to anything over 122m for USA and UK.

TAOVIP text messages are usually to unlock NFZ's so his might not be related to your height but it all depends on where you were flying.
2019-4-23
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 00:21
Have you tried to change the max height in settings?  You have to explicitly agree to anything over 122m for USA and UK.

TAOVIP text messages are usually to unlock NFZ's so his might not be related to your height but it all depends on where you were flying.

Yea, the problem the other day was an area i've flown in a few months ago, maybe even a year ago, so the area may have had a NFZ applied since then.. I'll check to see if it comes up around my home area and let you know..
EDIT: So tried it at home (25 miles away from previous location) and I didn't get any warnings or limits set. Will update this as of when I try outside.
2019-4-23
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 4-23 09:29
Yea, the problem the other day was an area i've flown in a few months ago, maybe even a year ago, so the area may have had a NFZ applied since then.. I'll check to see if it comes up around my home area and let you know..
EDIT: So tried it at home (25 miles away from previous location) and I didn't get any warnings or limits set. Will update this as of when I try outside.

Update.

Think this only applied to the location as there was a flight path nearby. Haven't had the prompt since.
2019-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

In the UK you should not fly above 120m or 400ft.
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules