Phantom 3 Std: Controllers 5.8GHz no longer transmitting.
1047 4 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2rxKS3JfbwAm
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I tried fitting a range extender to my controller - a nice directional signal for when there's a lot of radio noise around.

The extender didn't work, and so when I put back the original antennas, I found the 5.8GHz signal was showing as 1 red bar. The two for the WiFi/video signal where fine.

Somehow - either static, or some damage I've done to the board that I can't see (I work with electronics, so I thought this would be easy)... has caused the transmitter to drop to 1 bar.

What would be the cost be to repair this? Does anyone know?

2019-4-22
Use props
djiuser_2rxKS3JfbwAm
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I found out what's wrong.    When the battery was disconnected - the frequency it was set to was forgotten, and the controller needed re-pairing with the quad copter. There's nothing actually wrong with the 5.8GHz transmitter. Phew!
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that the issue has been fixed. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-22
Use props
djiuser_2rxKS3JfbwAm
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 07:49
Hello and good day. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that the issue has been fixed. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Thank you for your offer of support.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_2rxKS3JfbwAm Posted at 4-23 00:29
Thank you for your offer of support.

You are very much welcome and thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules