Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rotor Temps - Matrice 210
1082 6 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark902
Second Officer
Flight distance : 291260 ft
United States

Mindy,

Our Matrice 210 has been operating mostly stable since purchasing in April 2018.  We want to start spot checking the rotor motor temperatures as part of our flight logs.  Can you please let us know what the “normal” temperature range would be for a rotor after a flight?   The attached thermograms have not been adjusted for the correct emissivity, and our intentions are to keep future thermogram images set at 1.0 emissivity.

Thanks

Early Flight

Early Flight

Mid Flight

Mid Flight

End Flight

End Flight

Stopped

Stopped
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mark902, for this question, we will need to verify with our engineers and come back to you soon, please wait patiently. Thank you.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your patience, Mark902, we do not have the related specification can be provided, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-25
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Mindy,

Thanks, we will use these images as a baseline and monitor for significant changes.
2019-4-25
Use props
HyperSpectral
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Mark902 Posted at 4-25 04:17
Mindy,

Thanks, we will use these images as a baseline and monitor for significant changes.

The fact that DJI can't even tell you the operating temperature specifications for its own motor is disturbing  to me and it should be for you too.

The adhesives in the motors are your primary issue, you can get well above 150F before you cause permanent damage. I'd be more inclined to look for uneven temperatures in a motor as a failure mode. You're more likely to ingest a piece of sand that causes issues.
2019-4-25
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Agreed. I noticed one motor a bit cooler then the other motors, but hope it is due to unbalanced load.

2019-4-25
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyperSpectral Posted at 4-25 08:24
The fact that DJI can't even tell you the operating temperature specifications for its own motor is disturbing  to me and it should be for you too.

The adhesives in the motors are your primary issue, you can get well above 150F before you cause permanent damage. I'd be more inclined to look for uneven temperatures in a motor as a failure mode. You're more likely to ingest a piece of sand that causes issues.

exactly this, I think its the right thing to check motor temps as a matter of course and just look for odd deviations
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules