link to you tube video showing the problem

thanks ian
2019-4-22
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

It's a design flaw. I've tried every setting, adjustment and tutorial.  The yaw movements are just jerky on these things.  I'm adding a physical stop block so the stick can only move a slight bit.  You also need to adjust the expo values to around 3.0 to 3.5.
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha quado,

Here are some good posts regarding smooth PANs and 4K video.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JeffreyS Posted at 4-22 15:12
It's a design flaw. I've tried every setting, adjustment and tutorial.  The yaw movements are just jerky on these things.  I'm adding a physical stop block so the stick can only move a slight bit.  You also need to adjust the expo values to around 3.0 to 3.5.

Aloha Jeffrey,

Well, you have better thumbs than I do.  In EXPO, I use 2.5 for YAW, 3.0 for left/right, forward/back and 4.0 for thrust.  This also works real well in SPORT Mode.  Really tames SPORT Mode to manageable.  

Like your "stop block", I made a PAN Stick to help with smooth transitions.  Here is a video of it in action.

The newer EXPO and the other settings have made my stick something of a relic though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha quado,

See my Post #4 for some alternative settings.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JeffreyS Posted at 4-22 15:12
It's a design flaw. I've tried every setting, adjustment and tutorial.  The yaw movements are just jerky on these things.  I'm adding a physical stop block so the stick can only move a slight bit.  You also need to adjust the expo values to around 3.0 to 3.5.

It is not a design flaw at all, all video cameras do this, and professionals usually avoid pans for this very reason. The jerkiness can be reduced by using a higher frame rate, or by employing ND filters to slow the shutter speed. Try Googling 'jerky pans' and you will find pages of threads on the subject.
2019-4-22
Use props
quado
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks all for your valuable help
and a special thanks to  Cetacean for a fully explained answer

regards
2019-4-23
Use props
FliteLine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2122972 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-22 16:07
It is not a design flaw at all, all video cameras do this, and professionals usually avoid pans for this very reason. The jerkiness can be reduced by using a higher frame rate, or by employing ND filters to slow the shutter speed. Try Googling 'jerky pans' and you will find pages of threads on the subject.

No, there is a flaw. I’ve only had this issue on the p4prov2. Never with previous phantom 4s, both Magic’s, and my inspire2.  Ive also recalibrated everything. Sending back to DJI
2019-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FliteLine Posted at 8-25 12:49
No, there is a flaw. I’ve only had this issue on the p4prov2. Never with previous phantom 4s, both Magic’s, and my inspire2.  Ive also recalibrated everything. Sending back to DJI

It in NOT a flaw, as explained above.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules