Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't download maps on my P4P v2 controller
1331 7 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffreyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

Pressing the right most icon on the home page brings up the maps download page. It is useless. The screen says 'Select the region you want to download', but there is no way to select anything.  Rubbing my fingers on the screen opens a white blank rectangular window.  I have wifi and location turned on.  Where are the maps?  I am not able to view ANY of my flight logs, as the icon never stops spinning and it endlessly says 'loading', but never does.  This software is wanky.
2019-4-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this issue too, couldnt resolve it, what i did was goto the area on the map where you will be flying and zoom in some to the boundary of your est' flight area and then that will be cached in to the app so you can still have map
2019-4-22
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-22 18:52
I had this issue too, couldnt resolve it, what i did was goto the area on the map where you will be flying and zoom in some to the boundary of your est' flight area and then that will be cached in to the app so you can still have map

That's a wacky answer.  There is no internet connection where I fly and where most people fly.  Therefore, no downloadable maps.
2019-4-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do it at home.........
I should have clarified more i spose.
2019-4-23
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-23 19:08
Do it at home.........
I should have clarified more i spose.

Yes, Bashy, that's what I did.  Even with an internet connection, the controller simply won't get or show any maps.
2019-4-24
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

When I tap on a flight in the log list I get this screen forever, and it never loads anything. Can't download maps either.  I have a good internet connection and am plugged into the charger.

And when I attempt to download a map, I get this screen and it does nothing.

Screenshot_2019-04-24-08-29-26.png
Screenshot_2019-04-24-08-29-26.png
2019-4-24
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

I took a chance and updated the GO app software.  Fixed everything, so far.  I have not flown with the update, but the maps show up now and I can playback my flight log.  Strange thing is that the bug appeared on both my P4P controllers about the same time. Updated both, and all my flights became available.  Let's hope my flying remains stable....
2019-4-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps you could lead with that in future the app had to be updated recently due to an updated version of the mapping software being released, sommat like that

2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules