Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 3 Venom Pro Charger
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CRDMAN
New
United States

New to DJI Phantom 3 and just purchased the DJI Phantom 3 Venom Pro Charger. I am looking to add this charger to my vehicle for charging my batteries while in the field. Can anyone help me with what size power inverter that I need to place in my vehicle to have enough power to charge 4 batteries? The specs state that the input is: AC 100V-240V with Charge Current: 4 X 6A and Circuit Power: 4 X 100W. According to the formula that I have found the power inverter needed is about 2400 watts. Is this correct?
2019-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The answer is given in your text '4 X 100W' = 400 Watts, not 2400 Watts. So an inverter of maybe 500 Watt capacity. But it will have to be wired into your car's electrical circuit, because the normal lighter socket will not deliver enough current. They are usually fused at 15 Amps. This charger will require 34 Amps. probably more like 45 Amps given the efficiency of the inverter. And you will need to keep the engine running the whole time if you want to charge 4 batteries.
2019-4-22
Use props
CRDMAN
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-22 19:02
The answer is given in your text '4 X 100W' = 400 Watts, not 2400 Watts. So an inverter of maybe 500 Watt capacity. But it will have to be wired into your car's electrical circuit, because the normal lighter socket will not deliver enough current. They are usually fused at 15 Amps. This charger will require 34 Amps. probably more like 45 Amps given the efficiency of the inverter. And you will need to keep the engine running the whole time if you want to charge 4 batteries.

Thanks for the info. I watched a video where a guy was using a 600W Pure Sine Inverter and was charging 4 batteries, but I wanted to make sure. Sounds like a 600W inverter it is and I planned on keeping the vehicle running while charging. Thanks again for the info.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CRDMAN. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information for our DJI Phantom 3 co pilots with regards to the DJI Phantom 3 Venom Pro Charger. Have a safe and happy flying always.  Just a friendly reminder that  it is recommended 3rd party accessories and devices on your DJI Phantom 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. If in case of damage caused by the third-party propellers to the said drone. The warranty of the drone might be void. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules