Controller still does not work for Flight Sim
11761 8 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will_Slape
lvl.1
United States

I have tried every solution said to other threads. I can occassionally get the controller to even register on my computer at all. Then I can go into Assistant 2 for mavic and everything is up to date. One says refresh at all times and when I refresh it shows an update button. I click the button and it updates fine. I go into the flight sim and it still does not work. I have tried downloading many drivers and nothing works. Everything is up to date. The remote constantly says connecting and the only time it says anything different is when its upgrading. The state I am at is that it wont even connect and show up in my computer. I am running windows 10. It is sad that this is the top of the line drone and the newest and has been out for almost a year and the remote still has this many problems connecting. Other controllers from other brands install drivers just by clicking a link. I should not have to jump through flaming hoops just for it to still not work. Especially not paying the price I am already paying.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Will, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may refer to the below and check again:
1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, please kindly reinstall the remote controller driver. 1.png
2. Try to connect to the remote controller several times (at least five times), and pay attention the following when connecting the remote controller:
a) If the remote controller is powered on and has been connected to the PC, the remote controller needs to be restarted.
b) Connect all the cables as required before powering on the remote controller.
c) Once the remote controller is connected, it may take a longer time for the Flight Simulator receiving the command sent from the button (at most 15 seconds). It is recommended to wait about 1 minute after connection. If there is an error with the connection, remove and connect the remote controller again to see whether it helps.
2019-4-23
Use props
Kelly Perreault
lvl.1

Canada

not working tried evertything....
2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kelly Perreault Posted at 1-11 14:17
not working tried evertything....

Have a look at this method for connecting the RC to the FS

https://forum.dji.com/thread-206667-1-1.html
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_EJ1N0geOgJET
New

Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-4-23 18:31
Hi Will, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may refer to the below and check again:
1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, please kindly reinstall the remote controller driver.[view_image]
2. Try to connect to the remote controller several times (at least five times), and pay attention the following when connecting the remote controller:
[Image]
I cannot even get the DJI USB Virtual com to show at the device manager, everytime my mavic 2 air controller is connected to the PC, device manager only show USB COM3 & COM4, i would delete it each time and reconnect BUT that is what i get again & again, the controller will not work, can u share the driver.exe for us here? BTW the controller can connects to the dji assistant, it just won't connect to the computer and dji sim.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_uSc6PIJdNegz
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-4-23 18:31
1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, please kindly reinstall the remote controller driver.[view_image]

My controller shows up as "USB SERIAL DEVICE (COM5)" and it says the device is working properly but the flight simulator doesn't respond to any actions. The icons for the directional buttons change to joystick controllers as if it recognized the device but it doesn't register any actions
2021-1-3
Use props
Crossbowxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196952 ft

United States

I have the same issue with the Smart Controller not being recognized in the flight simulator program. The smart controller COM does show up as a COM3 but the simulator does not recognize it apparently. I have installed DJI assistant 2+ for Mavic and that does not help. I also installed the USB drivers that came with the simulator and that does not help either.
2021-1-10
Use props
Crossbowxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196952 ft

United States

Crossbowxy Posted at 1-10 09:21
I have the same issue with the Smart Controller not being recognized in the flight simulator program. The smart controller COM does show up as a COM3 but the simulator does not recognize it apparently. I have installed DJI assistant 2+ for Mavic and that does not help. I also installed the USB drivers that came with the simulator and that does not help either.

I finally found that apparently my first two times doing the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 did not completely install or were corrupted the firmware in some way? There were no problems with it flying etc. so I do not understand where the issue might be but upon the newest and latest update seemed to do the trick. Only reason I know there was an issue is that I was trying to use the smart controller to fly in the simulator but the simulator wouldn't recognize the smart controller until the third time I did the update / refresh of the smart controller firmware using the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 once again.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_uSc6PIJdNegz
New

United States

djiuser_uSc6PIJdNegz Posted at 1-3 10:31
My controller shows up as "USB SERIAL DEVICE (COM5)" and it says the device is working properly but the flight simulator doesn't respond to any actions. The icons for the directional buttons change to joystick controllers as if it recognized the device but it doesn't register any actions

Flight Simulator now recognizes the controller when using the program. Unfortunately the program is glitchy and registers both joysticks at once when using either stick. When I change view modes to the one that gives a visual of the pilot holding the remote I can see that both joysticks begin to move around in all directions very quickly. The app then crashes shortly after...
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules