Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do I download sd card original videos from drone to iphone
8553 7 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14022 ft
Singapore

I have the smart controller and cant seem to download original videos from drone sd card to iphone.

There seems to be 2 software features on smart controller to do it but both dont work.

1) Bluetooth. Doesnt work at all. Controller says paired with iphone but iphone shows not paired. When I use share to transfer videos from controller to iphone, it seems to be transfering with anprogress bar but at the ens it says fail

2) I use the little  “play” button (bottomnright) when linked to drone to transfer transfer  original pics and video from drone sd to smart controller. No problems. Both get downloaded to controller

When I use goshare to transfer files to iphone only cached pics and video and originalnpics can be tranferred. Original videos show progress that itvis transferring but at the end it fails. This is regardless of file size. Not even a 10sec original can be downloaded to phone

Are the functions buggy, not functioning or what am I doing wrong

Very frustrated with smart controller which seems less smart than the standard one

When I use go share to then transfer
2019-4-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You would need a import cable.
2019-4-23
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What Woe said but you can do it the long way...take the SD card out and put it in an SD card reader...then transfer the file(s) to your desktop or a folder. Plug your iPhone in to the computer and choose file transfer...if that doesnt come up when you plug it in go to my computer, double click and choose your iPhone from there, double click and open the place you want the files to go...take the files on the computer and drag them to the iphone folder. Sounds like a lot of steps but it isnt.
2019-4-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I thought I recently saw that some of this is part of Apple security.  You cannot simply move stuff/files to the iphone??   I know in my brief trial of an ipad I needed special software to try moving my photos and music over to it.  I've since returned the ipad as it was just too foreign to this Windows, android user.
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_xKXQz0NjJTyu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52641 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 4-23 09:09
I thought I recently saw that some of this is part of Apple security.  You cannot simply move stuff/files to the iphone??   I know in my brief trial of an ipad I needed special software to try moving my photos and music over to it.  I've since returned the ipad as it was just too foreign to this Windows, android user.

Ive been flying for only a few months and I love it,except for this issue.  I have a ipad mini4 i got just for this. Never owned any apple product. My frustation with managing the  video and lack of uderstanding of the managing of  video and how it works has me about to do the same thing. Is there a thread for people like me? Lol
2019-4-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_xKXQz0NjJTyu Posted at 4-23 17:49
Ive been flying for only a few months and I love it,except for this issue.  I have a ipad mini4 i got just for this. Never owned any apple product. My frustation with managing the  video and lack of uderstanding of the managing of  video and how it works has me about to do the same thing. Is there a thread for people like me? Lol

No but there are appropriate alcoholic drinks! (g)

2019-4-24
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2

Can’t help you I’m afraid with the smart controller, but I do have a trick for when I’m out and about and have no sd card reader or cables. I also have an Osmo Pocket and if you put the Mavic’s sd card in that and connect it to the DJI Mimo app you can download the videos easily.
Got to say though that an Osmo Pocket is an expensive sd card adapter!
2019-9-26
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

Using an Apple SD card reader that plugs into the lightning port of your iPhone is the quickest way to do it, take the SD card from the drone and put it into a full size SD adapter and all photos will transfer to your iPhone library.
2019-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules