Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Crash / Battery Failure
2548 7 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkHenry
New
Flight distance : 1010154 ft
United States

Fellow Pilots,

Need some input from my fellow pilots. My Mavic Pro disconnected and fell out of the sky  last week. It appears that the Mavic battery failed causing it to power off in flight and fall. When I found it, the following day, the Mavic was still showing the approximate charge reported at the time of the failure. At the time it disconnected, the battery was showing 62% via GO 4. After retrieving the Mavic, I tried powering it up with no luck. The battery seemed to be working but the Mavic would not power on. The LEDs appeared normal, 2 green and one flashing, but no power to the Mavic. I tried charging it but it would not take a charge. I've not opened the battery in an attempt to determine the failure. It appears there may be some type of switching device that supplies power to the Mavic that failed causing the Mavic to loose power and crash.

Here's the rest of the story. After I found it, I replaced the props, left rear leg assembly, battery, camera ribbon cable and mounting plate. I'm back in the air again. The other odd thing was the props had damage on the trailing edge. Makes me think that after the power failed, the props were rotating backwards when it went into the trees. Luckily it crashed into small trees with soft limbs that broke the fall. Not nearly as bad as anticipated crashing from 300 feet.  

Any ideas ?
2019-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You would first need to post logs before people can comment in a correct manner. Link below just click on link and follow instructions.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MarkHenry.  I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a case at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-23
Use props
MarkHenry
New
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 07:07
You would first need to post logs before people can comment in a correct manner. Link below just click on link and follow instructions.

thanks for the info.. I'll upload the logs
2019-4-23
Use props
MarkHenry
New
United States

MarkHenry Posted at 4-23 11:38
thanks for the info.. I'll upload the logs

Here's the URL for the logs  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8JOG5DW13VI632HSPS5K/
2019-4-23
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarkHenry Posted at 4-23 19:47
Here's the URL for the logs  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8JOG5DW13VI632HSPS5K/

Hi Mark
Your log shows nothing strange no problems with battery cells, it finishes with loss of signal, nothing recorded after that .

Just wondering why you think it was battery failure that caused crash, apart from condition you found craft in
You don’t say what action you had set for drone on loss of signal , if it was land then looking at terrain and as you say condition of drone wasn’t to bad, if it fell from height of 300 ft I would expect major damage, i  suspect that it may have tried to land and caught something on the way down , but this is speculation as it seems the battery failing is.

I think this one will be up to dji to decide they will have more info from black box. I wish you luck and hope it works out for you.
2019-4-24
Use props
NelsonMaine
lvl.1

United States

Its january 2020 and in Dec 2019 my mavic pro did exactly the same thing from 400 feet.  Same indication in the log, loss of signal.  It fell from 400 feet into a snow covered field.  Recovered it within minutes and found 3 lights on the battery but it would not power up the drone.  Installed different battery, drone powered right up.  replaced the broken props and flew the next day.  This is the second battery that failed.  The first failed in between flights.  same thing, wont charge, won't power up the drone, indicates 3/4 charged.  I know the drone lost power cause i saw and heard it fall nearly straight down with the props whining overspeed backwards.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules