Lost DJI spark
720 5 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guypie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi to All pilots. I have lost my drone and it was a pretty unremarkable flight. i was at 100m and 350m from home point when i lost transmission. I live in a rural area of Ireland and this happens often. After a minute i decided to activate return home however transmission did not return. I panicked and ran up a ridge to see if i could view the drone or hear it. i didnt have my glasses on and i wiped the flight records. I was angry but i lost it before and used the find my drone function to find it undamaged. I used the function again and this version of DJI GO tracks you to the drone position. I have used both the find my drone and the google maps alternative and despite being ontop of the drones coordinates the drone is not there. I have visited the site three times and searched thoroughly but to no avail. Have i missed something.  Regards Guy

2019-4-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

without a flight record, there is not much help to give, methinks.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Guy.  I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-23
Use props
guypie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 4-23 07:21
without a flight record, there is not much help to give, methinks.

Hi S-e-ven. I thank you for taking the time to respond. I made mistakes and that is a given but I cannot resolve in my head why the drone is still showing a location in "find my drone" and it is not there. If it was a forest or dense vegetation I could resign myself to the loss. I have had a response from the support team which is positive I gave them the coordinates given by the facility.  The "find my drone" is a fantastic bit of tech I tracked myself from home to the site given. I have used it before and the drone was exactly where it was shown. I am losing faith on finding the drone but thank you for your support. Regards Guy
2019-4-23
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-4-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that buddy