Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with 5D button {Resolved}
6045 25 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Anyone had a problem with 5D button, mine just fell off .

2019-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hallmark007. I am sorry for the trouble and to know that the 5D button of your smart controller was removed. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team for us to help you further at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and to give out the corresponding resolution for this matter. Thank for your support.
2019-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-23 14:18
Hello and good day hallmark007. I am sorry for the trouble and to know that the 5D button of your smart controller was removed. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team for us to help you further at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and to give out the corresponding resolution for this matter. Thank for your support.

I have already sent it in for repair, thank you .
2019-4-23
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I've read of one other controller that had that issue.  The person thought that the button snagged on the fly-more case or something like that.  I still have my foam doughnut on but I don't think it really offers much protection if it gets snagged.  
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 14:24

You are very much welcome hallmark007. It is great to know this information. Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ff22 Posted at 4-23 15:42
I've read of one other controller that had that issue.  The person thought that the button snagged on the fly-more case or something like that.  I still have my foam doughnut on but I don't think it really offers much protection if it gets snagged.

I was using mine last Friday looking up at my craft, looked down and it was gone, searched the grass couldn’t find it, any way it’s on it’s way back .
2019-4-24
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 10:33
I was using mine last Friday looking up at my craft, looked down and it was gone, searched the grass couldn’t find it, any way it’s on it’s way back .

Sorry to read that.  Hopefully, just a few weak attachments and not a systemic issue.

I dropped a joystick while assembling on snow.  Luckily it was frozen snow so it just landed on the surface.  Soft snow and it would have been hard to locate in the powder.

Are they covering on warranty?
2019-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ff22 Posted at 4-24 12:30
Sorry to read that.  Hopefully, just a few weak attachments and not a systemic issue.

I dropped a joystick while assembling on snow.  Luckily it was frozen snow so it just landed on the surface.  Soft snow and it would have been hard to locate in the powder.

I’m not sure they will, but I will do everything I can to see I get a warranty.
2019-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Well low and behold, I sent my RC back to dji because 5D button fell off, received a bill for €125 for the repair, cost of the button €1.65 and basically the rest to fit it, I paid good money for my SRC and I expected warranty to cover this, I didn’t snag button in anything I didn’t accidentally break it off , I was using the Remote in the field, not using the 5D button looked down and it was gone, there are other cases on here and Mavic pilots of similar happening so I’m not the first, but it’s a strange warranty that doesn’t cover this in a unit 6/7 weeks old, dji sells it’s RC with no protection offered ie case etc.
I will not be paying this bill and have asked that the case be reviewed and escalated .

If there are any moderators here than can help, my case Number is .  CAS-2942526-Z2N7B0
2019-5-2
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You As a wellknown member of this forum and a lot of help/tips you have given to forum users and the company dji , i expect somehow that dji absorbs the costs. Dji, i am very disappointed.
2019-5-2
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 08:18
Well low and behold, I sent my RC back to dji because 5D button fell off, received a bill for €125 for the repair, cost of the button €1.65 and basically the rest to fit it, I paid good money for my SRC and I expected warranty to cover this, I didn’t snag button in anything I didn’t accidentally break it off , I was using the Remote in the field, not using the 5D button looked down and it was gone, there are other cases on here and Mavic pilots of similar happening so I’m not the first, but it’s a strange warranty that doesn’t cover this in a unit 6/7 weeks old, dji sells it’s RC with no protection offered ie case etc.
I will not be paying this bill and have asked that the case be reviewed and escalated .

I am sorry that they did not honor warranty on the device.  I hope you do get satisfaction.  I like that the part cost 1.65.  I won't even try getting to the multiplier to get that full charge!  Yikes.

I'll ask:  I thought that I had read the the EU has better consumer warranty protections than we do in the US.  I would suggest that if that button detaches too easily it is not fit for its purpose and can be returned???  It is intended for outside, field use and should hold up to reasonable usage.

Good luck
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

ff22 Posted at 5-2 11:34
I am sorry that they did not honor warranty on the device.  I hope you do get satisfaction.  I like that the part cost 1.65.  I won't even try getting to the multiplier to get that full charge!  Yikes.

I'll ask:  I thought that I had read the the EU has better consumer warranty protections than we do in the US.  I would suggest that if that button detaches too easily it is not fit for its purpose and can be returned???  It is intended for outside, field use and should hold up to reasonable usage. I wasn’t missing a board I was just missing a button !!!

Yeah it’s a disaster, dji think they can charge customers freight for repairs, and warranty, for instance dji want to charge me €35 because there repair centre is in Holland , is it really my fault dji don’t have a repair centre in Ireland , it’s like dji are saying Irish people should pay more because we don’t have a repair facility in Ireland.
Anyways, a button that costs €1.65 costs €125 for a dji customer that goes out of his way to spend his hard earned money on premium products. I wasn’t missing a board I was missing a button €1.65 how does this become €125.00
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

I do note a real lack of moderators to this thread, I also see the same clown who spends all his time downvoting others, I have said before he’s only interested in trolling not helping , he knows who he is .
2019-5-2
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi hallmark
I dont understand the trolling bit . I only see ff22 and myself in this thread. I hope you dont mean me , regarding clown bit. I honestly meant what i was saying that i am very disappointed in dji , that they charge a lot for repair.  I never did any trolling .
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronie1965 Posted at 5-2 22:57
Hi hallmark
I dont understand the trolling bit . I only see ff22 and myself in this thread. I hope you dont mean me , regarding clown bit. I honestly meant what i was saying that i am very disappointed in dji , that they charge a lot for repair.  I never did any trolling .

Apologies I certainly didn’t mean you or f22, it’s the clown who is forever downvoting
2019-5-3
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 02:31
Apologies I certainly didn’t mean you or f22, it’s the clown who is forever downvoting

Ah super. I thought i did something wrong. Btw i was in northern ireland last weekend , a little trip from holland , at the causewy coastway and dunluce castle. Is that close by where you live? Or is it actually ireland where you are?
Anyway i only could fridayafternoon . I choose a bad weekend. Saturday storm. So bushmills whiskey distillery was a good alternative, lol
2019-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronie1965 Posted at 5-3 03:05
Ah super. I thought i did something wrong. Btw i was in northern ireland last weekend , a little trip from holland , at the causewy coastway and dunluce castle. Is that close by where you live? Or is it actually ireland where you are?
Anyway i only could fridayafternoon . I choose a bad weekend. Saturday storm. So bushmills whiskey distillery was a good alternative, lol

I’m further to the west on the Atlantic Ocean , about two hours away by car, yes weather can be unpredictable, but bushmills is a good way to spend an afternoon or a bit longer, I actually have invested in a twelve year old casket/barrel of whiskey up there with a few of my friends, will maturing soon .
Oh and yes I am living in Ireland, but been away last two weeks in Finland and Spain, two extremes I know, but nice to get away .
2019-5-3
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 05:50
I’m further to the west on the Atlantic Ocean , about two hours away by car, yes weather can be unpredictable, but bushmills is a good way to spend an afternoon or a bit longer, I actually have invested in a twelve year old casket/barrel of whiskey up there with a few of my friends, will maturing soon .
Oh and yes I am living in Ireland, but been away last two weeks in Finland and Spain, two extremes I know, but nice to get away .

Let me know , when the whiskey is ready , i hop over from holland for a glass
2019-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

This matter has been resolved and warranty will cover my issue, thanks to all.
2019-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A very special request by a very determined troll, who spends his days looking for proof, well I’m posting proof that dji warranted my SRC, for him to scrutinize at his leisure, most of you will know who he is .

2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well at least we know the stalker hasn’t gone away .
2019-5-15
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I glued mine back on one of the old Mavic Pro controllers i have but luckily it doesn't need to be removed if i need to disassemble it
2019-5-15
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2019-4-23 14:24

what did it cost to repair your Smart Controller?
2020-11-3
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2019-5-2 08:18
Well low and behold, I sent my RC back to dji because 5D button fell off, received a bill for €125 for the repair, cost of the button €1.65 and basically the rest to fit it, I paid good money for my SRC and I expected warranty to cover this, I didn’t snag button in anything I didn’t accidentally break it off , I was using the Remote in the field, not using the 5D button looked down and it was gone, there are other cases on here and Mavic pilots of similar happening so I’m not the first, but it’s a strange warranty that doesn’t cover this in a unit 6/7 weeks old, dji sells it’s RC with no protection offered ie case etc.

Incredible!
2020-11-4
Use props
Gator1130
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55213 ft
United States

I found this thread after mine just fell off. Luckily I was able to find it. Anyone have any tips on repairing it? It looks like I’ve got to squeeze the rubber boot back into the hole. I think it will be really hard to use super glue on the actual plastic button part because of that.
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules