663 12 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Hey Folks.

I just purchased Litchi, mainly for the Course Lock feature,  and I had 2 questions.  

1.  My understanding was that, while in CL the drone only went forward and returned on the same path.  Which is fine, it does, and it's locked.
But I was also under the impression that you could not move left or right on the right stick either.  Only "spin" on the left stick.
I am able to move left and right, is this normal?

2.  Even when not moving the right stick left or right, I am finding that when CL is on the speak is deviating left or right by quite a lot, 5 to 7 feet.
Should it not stay in a true path without moving left or right?  And if so why is this happening?  

Any info or suggestions would be very helpful, from those with a Spark that are using Litchi and Course Lock.

Thanks!

2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I've tried Litchi once and assume that DJI GO Mode 2.0 is better for me.
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-24 03:29
I've tried Litchi once and assume that DJI GO Mode 2.0 is better for me.

Is just not available on the spark, isn't it?
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendations from our valued DJI Forum members who use the same application. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

1. I think, you can always move your locked course direction to the left or the right.  
(moving all of the path right or left)
2. is explained, if 1. is true and your sticks get a bit lefty/righty, by flying straight forward.
Which I think, can be. I for myself have sometimes a little turning, when i just (think to) use my throttle for a-/descending.
Which is the same effect, methinks: the left, right gets impuls, too, sometimes.
Set your stick reaction to Expo and try again ;-)

Edit: I may fly in the next days and if I don't forget, I will check on it!
2019-4-24
Use props
SlowSL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8409 ft
United States

I actually just purchased this the other day and had a chance to test.  From what I've viewed on a youtube tutorial, and what I just experienced, you will deviate from the path if you roll left or right on the stick.  I wish there was an option to lock that as well, it's not that hard to accidentally roll a little while you are pitching forward/backward on the stick.
2019-4-24
Use props
SlowSL
lvl.2
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-24 03:29
I've tried Litchi once and assume that DJI GO Mode 2.0 is better for me.

I just downloaded DJI go 4 mod 2.0, going to mess with that in the near future.
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Litchi as well. Regarding #1, I am yet to test it. Can do it over the weekend and get back. Regarding #2, I have already shared details with you that it very much stays on course for me. Hope you will get to the root of the problem and find a solution soon.
2019-4-24
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

SlowSL Posted at 4-24 11:01
I actually just purchased this the other day and had a chance to test.  From what I've viewed on a youtube tutorial, and what I just experienced, you will deviate from the path if you roll left or right on the stick.  I wish there was an option to lock that as well, it's not that hard to accidentally roll a little while you are pitching forward/backward on the stick.

Thanks for the confirmation on that, thought I was going nuts.  I have tested close prox, and making sure I was only going forward and returning, and still it deviates from course lock when I am 100% sure that I am not hitting left and right.
2019-4-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Mhinc Posted at 4-26 01:03
Thanks for the confirmation on that, thought I was going nuts.  I have tested close prox, and making sure I was only going forward and returning, and still it deviates from course lock when I am 100% sure that I am not hitting left and right.

have you watched your flightlog in the app WITH joystick input shown?
2019-4-26
Use props
SlowSL
lvl.2
United States

Mhinc Posted at 4-26 01:03
Thanks for the confirmation on that, thought I was going nuts.  I have tested close prox, and making sure I was only going forward and returning, and still it deviates from course lock when I am 100% sure that I am not hitting left and right.

By how much is it deviating?  I would think there is still going to be some slight deviation anyway due to the GPS having some slop in precision.  Watching this in close proximity you will probably notice it drifting slightly off course, but maybe not noticeable or that big of a deal over a longer distance and from the camera's eye?  Or is it going waaay off course?
2019-4-26
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

SlowSL Posted at 4-26 05:15
By how much is it deviating?  I would think there is still going to be some slight deviation anyway due to the GPS having some slop in precision.  Watching this in close proximity you will probably notice it drifting slightly off course, but maybe not noticeable or that big of a deal over a longer distance and from the camera's eye?  Or is it going waaay off course?

WAY off course.  I am talking, doing a test close prox.  Lets say I fly 20 meters and come back it's deviated about 3 or 4 feet.
2019-4-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

watch the flight logs with stick inputs!

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/?id=-2

Or use Go4 mod 2.0, that gets you an in app flight log view
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules