Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Going pro with your drone?
1162 8 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How many of you are amateur /  hobbiest flyers vs professionals?
After posting a few photos of my home town on Facebook, a member has asked me to overfly and film their business - now in the UK I cannot do that unless I hold a CAA PfCO license.
I'm wondering if it would be worth paying for the training and then the fees with the Civil Aviation Authority to become a professional certified flyer? The investment with training is probably about £1000, so depends upon how much each job could be charged out at, as to how long it would take to recoup the investment...
Are any of the forum mmembers pro photographers?
Thanks,
Chris
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members and co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm a serious hobbyist, been flying nearly 3 years and really enjoy what the hobby brings.
You may find this video from Ian informative https://forum.dji.com/thread-185906-1-1.html
2019-4-24
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they asked you - go and do it. Tell him first time is free. Good practice for you as well. Good promotion too. By declining you may lose potential chain of clients. If you like how your gig went go for that license. Getting part 107 in USA was piece of cake.
There are many other benefits of having commercial license. Basically all of your footage can be for sale.
2019-4-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a serious hobbyist but I also have my part 107, so when the chance come to get paid I can get paid.

Besides that it's just a matter of time before everyone has to be licensed.
2019-4-24
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 12:48
I'm a serious hobbyist, been flying nearly 3 years and really enjoy what the hobby brings.
You may find this video from Ian informative https://forum.dji.com/thread-185906-1-1.html

Thank you AJ, that’s an interesting link / video.
2019-4-24
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3BEPb Posted at 4-24 13:54
If they asked you - go and do it. Tell him first time is free. Good practice for you as well. Good promotion too. By declining you may lose potential chain of clients. If you like how your gig went go for that license. Getting part 107 in USA was piece of cake.
There are many other benefits of having commercial license. Basically all of your footage can be for sale.

Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 4-24 17:44
I'm a serious hobbyist but I also have my part 107, so when the chance come to get paid I can get paid.

Besides that it's just a matter of time before everyone has to be licensed.

Thank you, our licensing comes in, in November, it would and should have happened sooner, but our useless incompetent politicians have been busy with the shambles known as Brexit!
2019-4-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 4-24 21:30
Thank you, our licensing comes in, in November, it would and should have happened sooner, but our useless incompetent politicians have been busy with the shambles known as Brexit!

Ah yes Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving. . All kidding aside

It could only benefit you to have your certificate. I been able to get a few drone
jobs because I'm certified
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules